Fox Island fish cleaning station is currently out of order – due to some equipment failure.
We hope to have it back open soon.
Portions of Wachter Trail Closed
MDU is performing utility updates along University Ave. between the street and the Wachter shared use path (along the drainage channel), from Wachter Drive to Bismarck Expressway. The trail in this area is closed until these updates are completed. Trail …
The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
General Sibley Park & Campground – Memorial Day Weekend Celebration
Friday, May 26
- 10:00am: Anniversary Program at Picnic Shelter #1
- History of General Sibley Park
- Tree Planting with each managing agency since 1967; US Army Corps of Engineers, Burleigh County, Bismarck Parks and Recreation District
- 8:30pm: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax movie, Amphitheater
- Free popcorn will be available
Saturday, May 27
- Music at Amphitheater (in case of rain, Shelter #1)
- 10:30-11:30am: Kid’s music with Kittyko. Teacher, recording artist and performer Kris Kitko will have kids singing, moving and having fun.
- Noon-1:30pm: Steve Harmon and Classic Rhythm will take the stage as you relax and enjoy some classic rock and country.
- 2-3:30pm: Dead Money will play a variety of Americana tunes, including some of their original works.
- 4-5:30pm: Jeremiah James and the Prairie Drifters are equal parts honky-tonk, outlaw country and rockabilly.
- 6-7:30pm: Rockin’ Jake has been hailed as one of the premier harmonica players in the country. He and his blues band play the final set in a day of amazing music.
- 10am-8pm: Cornhole, Imagination Playground and Ring Toss behind amphitheater
Sunday, May 28
- 10am-3pm: JT Inflatables at Picnic Shelter #2
- 18’ Slide, Bouncy Playhouse and 52’ Obstacle Course
- 10am-3pm: Cornhole, Imagination Playground and Ring Toss at Picnic Shelter #2
- 11am-3pm: Cal and Button, face painting and balloons.
- Sibley Scavenger Hunt (Memorial Day – Oct. 1)
- Pick up the Scavenger Hunt clues in the General Sibley office or online. Search the park for the answers and turn in your findings at the Sibley office to pick a prize.
- Celebrate Sibley – 50 Miles for 50 Years
- Log 50 miles of activity (walking, running, biking or hiking) and turn in your mileage sheet for a prize (first 50 only!).
- Mileage Sheet Form