The following recreational trail segments are closed at this time due to the large amount of snow and drifting:
North Washington – Calgary to 57th • Ash Coulee – Washington to the Water tower • Valley Drive – Mustang Dr. to Round Top Rd. • Edgewood Trail East – Intersection of Minnesota Dr. and Knudson Ave. to …
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
If you are interested in bring a volunteer for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD), we would love to have your help! Some of the youth coach and official positions are paid positions, but some folks choose to volunteer for them as well. If interested, contact Jeremy Dykstra, email@example.com or Kevin Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please know that some volunteer positions require that you fill out a BPRD employment application and that you may be subject to a background check.
Here are a few examples of upcoming BPRD volunteer opportunities:
- Coed Major League Baseball® Pitch, Hit, & Run Local Event Staff Volunteers– Saturday, April 23, 2016
- 15 Year Old State Babe Ruth Baseball Tournament Volunteers for admissions, souvenirs, scorekeeping, scoreboard, & announcers – July 15-19, 2016
- American Legion Central Plains Regional Baseball Tournament Volunteers for admissions, souvenirs, scoreboard, & announcers – August 3-7, 2016.
- Summer Youth Soccer Volunteer Coaches – June 6 – July 27, 2016 on Mondays and Wednesdays evenings.
- Summer Youth Baseball Volunteer Coaches – June 6 – July 28, 2016 on Mondays – Thursdays mornings and afternoons.
- Summer Babe Ruth 13-15 Baseball Volunteer Coaches & Umpires – May 18 – July 21, 2016 on Mondays – Thursdays and some weekends.
- Fall Girls’ 3rd-5th Grades Basketball Volunteer Coaches & Officials – August 29 – November 5, 2016 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Fall/Winter Boys’ 3rd-5th Grades Basketball Volunteer Coaches & Officials – November 7 – January 28, 2017 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Winter Coed 3rd-5th Grades Volleyball Coaches & Officials – January 30, 2017 – April 8, 2017 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Youth Basketball Skills Challenge Event Staff Volunteers– February 2017 (Day and Time TBD)
If these particular opportunities don’t work for you, BPRD sustains over 250 partnerships and creative collaborations. BPRD’s community connections create more diverse offerings and services to residents than BPRD could provide on its own. Partnership examples include Bismarck Public Schools, Dakota Zoological Society, Gateway to Science, Model Aero Club, Dakota West Arts Council and Dreams in Motion. Click here for a list of BPRD partners who might be looking for a volunteer just like you!