The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
If you are interested in bring a volunteer for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD), we would love to have your help! Some of the youth coach and official positions are paid positions, but some folks choose to volunteer for them as well. If interested, contact Jeremy Dykstra, email@example.com or Kevin Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please know that some volunteer positions require that you fill out a BPRD employment application and that you may be subject to a background check.
Here are a few examples of upcoming BPRD volunteer opportunities:
- Summer Babe Ruth 13-15 Baseball Volunteer Coaches & Umpires – May 17 – July 20, 2017 on Mondays – Thursdays and some weekends.
- Summer Youth Soccer Volunteer Coaches – June 5 – July 27, 2017 on Mondays through Thursdays evenings.
- Summer Youth Baseball Volunteer Coaches – June 5 – July 27, 2017 on Mondays – Thursdays mornings and afternoons.
- 15 Year Old State Babe Ruth Baseball Tournament Volunteers for admissions, souvenirs, scorekeeping, scoreboard, & announcers – July 14-18, 2017
- National Special Olympics Softball Tournament Volunteers for admissions, souvenirs, scoreboard, & announcers – August 17-20, 2017.
- Fall Girls’ 3rd-5th Grades Basketball Volunteer Coaches & Officials – August 28 – November 4, 2017 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Fall/Winter Boys’ 3rd-5th Grades Basketball Volunteer Coaches & Officials – November 6, 2017 – January 27, 2018 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Winter Coed 3rd-5th Grades Volleyball Coaches & Officials – January 29 – April 7, 2018 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Youth Basketball Skills Challenge Event Staff Volunteers– February 2018 (Day and Time TBD)
If these particular opportunities don’t work for you, BPRD sustains over 250 partnerships and creative collaborations. BPRD’s community connections create more diverse offerings and services to residents than BPRD could provide on its own. Partnership examples include Bismarck Public Schools, Dakota Zoological Society, Gateway to Science, Model Aero Club, Dakota West Arts Council and Dreams in Motion. Click here for a list of BPRD partners who might be looking for a volunteer just like you!