The indoor track at Capital Racuqet & Fitness Center will be closed Saturday, March 24.
Due to tennis tournaments.
Basketball, 4th & 5th Grade
4th & 5th Grade Girls
Girls youth basketball is a recreational program that is aimed to teach students going into grades 4th and 5th the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include passing, dribbling, shooting, and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages, and games. Our emphasis is on equal play time, and most of all, FUN! The 4th and 5th grades program has season-ending jamborees.
- No informational meeting for 4th and 5th grades.
- 4th Girls Basketball Information Sheet 2018
- 5th Girls Basketball Information Sheet 2018
- Girls Basketball Parent Guide
- Girls’ Grade 4: September 4 – October 27
- Girls’ Grade 5: September 4 – November 3
- Grade 4 Jamboree: October 25 and 27
- Grade 5 Jamboree: November 2 and 3
Days/Times for most schools:
- 4th grade will have one practice a week and 5th grade will have two practices a week.
- First week of practice should be Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
- Due to gym availability, some schools may have different practice schedules. You will be notified through the school office and/or team coach.
Teams will be formed after the first week of practice and a schedule will be provided for the remainder of the season. Every attempt will be made to split the teams as equally as possible, when more than one team exists at any school.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $50/player – if received on or before August 17.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $60/player – if received August 18 or later.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $60/player – if received on or before August 17.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $70/player – if received August 18 or later.
- Participants must play at the school they attend.
|School||4th Grade Code||5th Grade Code|
Registration starts Tuesday, April 3
Fall Boys’ Basketball information will be included in the Fall Activity Guide.