Capital Racquet & Fitness Center’s indoor track is closed this weekend, Feb. 24-26
Friday, Feb 24 from 5-9pm, Saturday, Feb 25 from 8am–7pm and Sunday, Feb 26 from 10am–5pm.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor Classes
American Red Cross Lifeguarding Class
Interested in a flexible job or a challenging career as a professional lifeguard? Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid and CPR/AED and other skills you need to work as a professional lifeguard. Successful completion results in a 2-year certification in Lifeguarding that includes first aid, professional-level CPR and AED in one certificate. Candidates must be at least 15 years of age before the scheduled session. Males must wear boxer style swimming suit and females must wear a one piece swimming suit and have their hair tied back or in a swimming cap.
Pre-Requisites, Fees and Registration:
- 300 yard swim using breaststroke and front crawl (not timed)
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive and retrieve an object from the deep end.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without using arms.
- If the candidate is not able to pass the swim test required by the Red Cross they will receive the $200 refund, but the $35 to the Red Cross is non-refundable.
Fees and Registration:
- Cost $200 Register online or in person at the Park District Office and the BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center
- There will be an additional $35 online fee paid directly to the Red Cross for online learning materials. (non-refundable)
- All Class times and dates are MANDATORY
- Participants will receive instructions via e-mail for the Red Cross online learning after they register for the class. The online material must be fully completed before the first day of class.
|March 30 & 31: 5 – 9 pm
April 1 & 2: 9am – 5pm
For information on how to apply for Lifeguard position, please visit our Jobs Page.