Basketball, 4th & 5th Grade
Girls’ 4th & 5th Grade Basketball
Girls youth basketball is a recreational program that teaches the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include passing, dribbling, shooting, and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages, and games. Our emphasis is on equal play time, and most of all, FUN! The 4th and 5th grades program has season-ending jamborees.
- Girls’ Grade 4: August 31-October 17
- Girls’ Grade 5: August 31-October 31
- Grade 4 Jamboree: October 16 & 17
- Grade 5 Jamboree: October 29 & 31
Days/Times for most schools:
- The first week practice schedule will be posted online by Wednesday, August 26th by 5pm. Please check back for updates.
- The game schedule will be posted online by Wednesday, September 9th by 5pm.
- 4th Grade Girls Basketball Information Sheet
- 5th Grade Girls Basketball Information Sheet
- Parent Guide
- 4th grade has one practice a week and 5th grade has two practices a week.
- First week of practice is on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
- Due to gym availability, some schools may have different practice schedules. You will be notified through the school office and/or team coach.
Teams are formed after the first week of practice and a schedule is provided for the remainder of the season. Every attempt is made to split the teams as equally as possible, when more than one team exists at any school.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $50/player-if received on or before August 14.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $60/player-if received August 15 or later.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $60/player-if received on or before August 14.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $70/player-if received August 15 or later.
- Participants must play at the school they attend.
|School||4th Grade Code||5th Grade Code|
|* Light of Christ Schools (LOC) participants will need to contact LOC to register for 4th & 5th grade basketball.|
Boys’ 4th & 5th Grade Basketball
Boys’ Basketball information will be posted in Fall.