The sledding hill and warming house at Tom O’Leary Golf Course are closed until further notice due to poor sledding conditions.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
Basketball, 4th & 5th Grade
Girls’ 4th & 5th Grade Basketball
Girls youth basketball is a recreational program that teaches the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include passing, dribbling, shooting, and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages, and games. Our emphasis is on equal play time, and most of all, FUN! The 4th and 5th grades program has season-ending jamborees.
- Girls’ Grade 4: August 31-October 17
- Girls’ Grade 5: August 31-October 31
- Grade 4 Jamboree: October 16 & 17
- Grade 5 Jamboree: October 29 & 31
Days/Times for most schools:
- Information sheets are available upon registration.
- 4th grade has one practice a week and 5th grade has two practices a week.
- First week of practice is Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
- Due to gym availability, some schools may have different practice schedules. You will be notified through the school office and/or team coach.
Teams are formed after the first week of practice and a schedule is provided for the remainder of the season. Every attempt is made to split the teams as equally as possible, when more than one team exists at any school.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $50/player-if received on or before August 14.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $60/player-if received August 15 or later.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $60/player-if received on or before August 14.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $70/player-if received August 15 or later.
- Participants must play at the school they attend.
Registration Opens Thursday, April 2 at 8am.
|School||4th Grade Code||5th Grade Code|
|* Light of Christ Schools (LOC) participants will need to contact LOC to register for 4th & 5th grade basketball.|
Boys’ 4th & 5th Grade Basketball
Boys’ Basketball information will be posted in Fall.