Basketball, 4th & 5th Grade
Girls’ 4th & 5th Grade Basketball
Girls youth basketball is a recreational program that teaches the fundamentals, skills and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include passing, dribbling, shooting and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages and games. Our emphasis is on equal play time, and most of all, FUN! The 4th and 5th grade programs have season-ending jamborees.
- Girls’ Grade 4: Aug. 29-Oct. 15
- Girls’ Grade 5: Aug. 29-Oct. 29
- Grade 4 Jamboree: Oct. 14 and 15
- Grade 5 Jamboree: Oct. 27 and 29
Days/Times for most schools:
- 4th Grade Girls Basketball Informational Sheet
- 5th Grade Girls Basketball Informational Sheet
- Parent Guide
- 4th grade has one practice a week and 5th grade has two practices a week.
- First week of practice is Mon., Tues., Thurs., and/or Fri.
- Due to gym availability, some schools may have different practice schedules. You will be notified through the school office and/or team coach.
- The 4-5 grade girls basketball first week practice schedule will be posted online by Wednesday, August 24 by 5pm. Check website for updates.
Teams are formed after the first week of practice and a schedule is provided for the remainder of the season. Every attempt is made to split the teams as equally as possible when more than one team exists at any school.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $60/player-if received on or before Aug. 12.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $70/player-if received Aug. 13 or later.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $70/player-if received on or before Aug. 12.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $80/player-if received Aug. 13 or later.
- Participants must play at the school they attend.
|School||4th Grade Code||5th Grade Code|
|* Light of Christ Schools (LOC) participants will need to contact LOC to register for 4th and 5th grade basketball.|
All youth basketball programs sponsored by