Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
Basketball, 4th & 5th Grade
Girls’ 4th & 5th Grade Basketball
Girls youth basketball is a recreational program that teaches students going into grades 4th and 5th the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include passing, dribbling, shooting, and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages, and games. Our emphasis is on
equal play time, and most of all, FUN! The 4th and 5th grades program has season-ending jamborees.
- Girls’ Grade 4: September 3 – October 26
- Girls’ Grade 5: September 3 – November 2
- Grade 4 Jamboree: October 24 and 26
- Grade 5 Jamboree: November 1 and 2
Days/Times for most schools:
- 4th Grade Girls’ Basketball Information Sheet
- 5th Grade Girls’ Basketball Information Sheet
- Parent’s Guide
- The first week practice schedule will be posted online by Wednesday, August 28th by 5pm. Please continue to check www.bisparks.org website for updates.
- 4th grade will have one practice a week and 5th grade will have two practices a week.
- First week of practice should be Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
- Due to gym availability, some schools may have different practice schedules. You will be notified through the school office and/or team coach.
Teams will be formed after the first week of practice and a schedule will be provided for the remainder of the season. Every attempt will be made to split the teams as equally as possible, when more than one team exists at any school.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $50/player – if received on or before August 16.
- Girls’ Grade 4: $60/player – if received August 17 or later.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $60/player – if received on or before August 16.
- Girls’ Grade 5: $70/player – if received August 17 or later.
- Participants must play at the school they attend.
|School||4th Grade Code||5th Grade Code|
* Light of Christ Schools (LOC) participants will need to contact LOC to register for 4th & 5th grade basketball.
Fall Boys’ Basketball information will be included in the Fall Activity Guide.