Bismarck Parks and Recreation District participants and partners: As recommended from ND Governor Burgum, all Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) facilities are closed and programs suspended through Monday, April 6.
The 2020 ND State Amateur Basketball Tournament scheduled for March 27-29 has been cancelled.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Tom O’Leary and Pebble Creek Golf Courses Open April 1
Tom O’Leary Golf Course, 1200 N Washington St., and Pebble Creek Golf Course, 2525 N 19th St., will open for play at 11am on Wednesday, April 1. At this time, golf course hours will be 11am-6:30pm daily.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) encourages all golfers to follow these golf course procedures for safety during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reservations must be made in advance for tee times in 14-minute increments. Reservations can be made online or by calling the golf course. The phone number for Tom O’Leary Golf Course is 222-6531. The phone number at Pebble Creek Golf Course is 223-3600. Payment information will be taken over the phone at the time of reservation and a receipt will be emailed. Cash will not be accepted on site.
- There will be a maximum of four players allowed in a group.
- Pull carts are allowed and golf cars are available to rent. Rental and demo clubs are not available at this time.
- The golf shops and lounge areas at both courses are closed to the public. There are no indoor restrooms available. There are portable restrooms on the course.
- A ball is considered holed when it touches the cup-sized target placed on the green. It is very important not to touch this target with your hands. Do not move this target. Staff will change these locations throughout the week based on the number of rounds played.
Pebble Creek and Riverwood Driving Range Guidelines
Driving range hours will be 11am to 6:30pm daily, weather dependent. Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) encourages all users to follow these driving range procedures for safety during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reservations must be made in advance for hitting golf balls in 20-minute increments by calling 222-6462 (Riverwood) or 223-3600 (Pebble Creek). Payment information will be taken over the phone at the time of reservation. Cash will not be accepted on site.
- Sanitized range balls will be delivered when patrons arrive at the golf course. The buckets and balls will have been cleaned and disinfected by gloved staff before they are delivered.
- Driving range stations are placed at least 10 feet apart to comply with current social distancing guidelines.
- The golf shops are closed to the public. There are no indoor restrooms available. There is a portable restroom on site at Pebble Creek only.
BPRD believes that parks, trails and open spaces such as a golf course can be used in a safe manner that allows people to enjoy the mental and physical health benefits these spaces provide. At this time, there are no restrictions on the use of local parks, trails, boat ramps and open spaces. BPRD recommends taking these simple precautions should you choose to play golf:
- Do not golf if you are not feeling well.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet away from other golfers in your group. Avoid prolonged discussion on the golf courses. Keep your distance at tee boxes, fairways and greens.
- Consider bringing your own sanitizer or bacterial wipes along for your use.
- May 1 – 31: 8:30am – sunset
- June 1 – September 2: 7:00am – sunset
- September 3 – 30: 8:30am – sunset
- October 1 – 31: 9:30am – sunset
*Hours may change with weather conditions.
*No outside food or beverages are allowed into Riverwood, Tom O’Leary, or Pebble Creek Golf Courses.
2525 North 19th Street • 223-3600
- 9-hole, par 35
- Natural links course
- Outdoor and Indoor driving range and putting green
- Club rentals available
725 Riverwood Drive • 222-6462 or 250-7677
- 18-hole course, par 72
- Driving range and putting green
- Club rentals available
- Riverwood Golf Course is a cart path only facility. Accessibility flags and single rider carts are available for those golfers that require them
For information about Cross Country Skiing, visit our Cross Country Skiing webpage.
Riverwood Golf Course has been selected as one of 2016 Best Courses You Can Play by Golfweek magazine. The distinction is made by the magazine’s nationwide team of course raters, and is an exclusive honor given to public golf courses.
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6531
- 18-hole, par 69
- Club rentals available
- Sheila Schafer Junior Links, a 3-hole golf course for junior players.
Sheila Schafer Junior Links
The title of this free three-hole golf course next to the Tom O’Leary Golf Course may say “Junior Links,” but this course is open to ANY player. If you’re just learning the game of golf, or want additional practice, head to this little gem of a course at 1200 N. Washington St. No tee time needed. Bring some friends and get to know the game of golf. Need some clubs? No problem. Clubs can be rented at the Tom O’Leary Golf Course Pro Shop.