General Sibley Park & Campground
General Sibley Park is located on South Washington Street four miles south of the Bismarck Expressway.
The park includes camping sites for tents and campers with electrical hook-ups. There are also full-service restrooms, picnic shelters, playgrounds, a 24-hole disc golf course, water and dump stations, a boat ramp, amphitheater, walking path and historical/interpretive panels.
|General Sibley Park and Campground is Open
The campground is open for camping in accordance with North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum’s Smart Restart protocols. Please be aware of the following:
To protect the health of our community we will only accept reservations by phone 222-1844 or online at this time.
- May 1-22: Monday-Sunday, Noon-8pm
- Memorial Day – Labor Day, Monday-Sunday: 10am-9pm
- Office hours vary during off-season.
- Ph: (701) 222-1844
- For general campground information, email Martha Willand at firstname.lastname@example.org. Campground reservations and cancellations are not accepted through this email address.
Day Use Area Hours
Day Use Area gates are locked at sunset and opened at 8:00 a.m. each day.
- 24-Hole Disc Golf Course
- General Sibley Disc Golf Course Map (PDF download)
- Boat Ramp (For small boats less than 15’ and for canoes and kayaks)
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Interpretive Trail
- Little Free Library
- Picnic Shelters
- Poetry Boxes
General Sibley Camping Fees
- Tent Camping: $12/day
- Camper Sites with electricity: $25/day
- Firewood: $5/bundle
- Ice: $3/bag
- Ice Cream Treats: $1
- There is a designated tent camping area though there are no designated sites. Campers are allowed to set up their tents anywhere within the mowed tent area.
- There are fire pits, picnic tables and vault toilets available within the designated tent camping. There are two locations with electricity that are first-come, first-serve.
- No reservations are needed or accepted in the tent area. Campers can register in the office during office hours or use the self-registration box after-hours.
- Please know there is plenty of space available in the tent camping area of the park. This area has never reached capacity, even on the busiest of holidays and weekends.
- A valid government issued ID is required for registration.
- Guests can reserve an RV site for tent camping if desired. Two tents per RV site are allowed.