Squirts and Mites (8:30am and 10am) Baseball/Softball has been cancelled for today, July 18 due to poor field conditions.
Bill Mills Trails is closed due to high river elevations.
The Washington Trail from 57th Ave NW to Restful Dr. is temporarily closed for construction.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
General Sibley Park & Campground
General Sibley Park is located on South Washington Street four miles south of the Bismarck Expressway.
The park includes camping sites for tents and campers with electrical hook-ups. There are also full service restrooms, picnic shelters, playgrounds, a 24-hole disc golf course, water and dump stations, a boat ramp, amphitheater, walking path and historical/interpretive panels.
Reservations can be made online, in-person, or by phone. The campground is open Friday, May 3 through Sunday, October 6. The day-park is available year-round during daylight hours. Parking is permitted outside of the park gates.
- Memorial Day – Labor Day, Mon-Sun: 10am-9pm
- Ph: (701) 222-1844
- For general campground information, email Martha Willand at firstname.lastname@example.org. Campground reservations not accepted through this email address.
Day Use Area Hours
Day Use Area gates are locked at sunset and opened at 8:00 a.m. each day.
- 24-Hole Disc Golf Course
- General Sibley Disc Golf Course Map (PDF download)
- Boat Ramp (For small boats less than 15’ and for canoes and kayaks)
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Interpretive Trail
- Little Free Library
- Picnic Shelters
- Poetry Boxes
General Sibley Camping Fees
- Tent Camping: $12/day
- Camper Sites with electricity: $25/day
- Firewood: $5/bundle
- Ice: $3/bag
- Ice Cream Treats: $1
- There is a designated tent camping area though there are no designated sites. Campers are allowed to set up their tents anywhere within the mowed tent area.
- There are fire pits, picnic tables and vault toilets available within the designated tent camping. There are two locations with electricity that are first-come, first-serve.
- No reservations are needed or accepted in the tent area. Campers can register in the office during office hours or use the self-registration box after-hours.
- Please know there is plenty of space available in the tent camping area of the park. This area has never reached capacity, even on the busiest of holidays and weekends.
- A valid government issued ID is required for registration.
- Guests can reserve an RV site for tent camping if desired. Two tents per RV site are allowed.