A portion of the Pebble Creek Trail from 19th Street to Century Avenue has been detoured onto the Pebble Creek Golf Course cart path for the winter.
This detour will be in place until spring when winter conditions subside.
VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Sheila Schafer Junior Links, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Fall/Winter Public Indoor Ice Skating
- Rink 1
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:15pm
- Free. No skate rentals.
- Rink 2
- Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
- Skating Fee: $2/Individual; $5/family. No skate rentals.
There will be skate monitors on duty during Sunday public skating. We cannot be responsible for accidents, so please be careful. No pucks or sticks
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
- Ice Rentals: $85/hour (limited availability)
- Dry Floor: $40/hour
- Must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
- Click here to view schedules for Ice Arenas
- Reservations: call Mike at 221-6814