Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Sheila Schafer Junior Links, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Fall/Winter Public Indoor Ice Skating
- Rink 1
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:15pm
- Free. No skate rentals.
- Rink 2
- Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
- March 17, 24 and 31
- Skating Fee: $2/Individual; $5/family. No skate rentals.
There will be skate monitors on duty during Sunday public skating. We cannot be responsible for accidents, so please be careful. No pucks or sticks
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
- Ice Rentals: $85/hour (limited availability)
- Dry Floor: $40/hour
- Must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
- Click here to view schedules for Ice Arenas
- Reservations: call Mike at 221-6814