Apply for Jobs
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
- BPRD Job Application (must be completed – PDF)
- Applicant Information Form (voluntary – PDF)
- Aquatic Application Supplement (required for lifeguard positions – PDF)
- How to complete a fillable PDF:
- Use free Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF.
- Download the fillable PDF to your device – do not fill it out in your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer. Information will not be saved.
- Complete the form and save it to your device.
- Email the completed PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the Park District as listed below.
- Submit a paper application: Available at 400 E. Front Ave., Bismarck, ND 58504.
View our list of volunteer opportunities and download our volunteer application.
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
- Job Announcement
- Job Description
- Open until position is filled
Part-Time and Seasonal Employment Opportunities
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) offers fun and flexible summer jobs at our parks and in our facilities. We’re excited to offer new perks for people who work with us this summer – a benefits pass that provides rounds of golf, driving range balls, pool passes, fitness passes and a picnic shelter reservation.
|Position/Min. Age||Hrs./Wk.||Other Info||Contact Person|
|Activity Centers||Up to 40 daytime||Planning and supervising activities for K-5 children.||Cindy, 222-6771, email@example.com|
|BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center/Capital Racquet & Fitness Center
•Lifeguard, 15 *
•Personal trainer, 18
•Swim lesson instructor, 16 **
|Group fitness instructors receive paid prep-time.
*Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified.
**Preferred WSI certified.
|Aquatics: Jahna, 751-4270, JGardiner@bisparks.org
Fitness/front desk: Linsay, 751-4271, LBerg@bisparks.org
|Maintenance: Up to 40, weather dependent||Maintenance:
•Pebble Creek: Mike, 250-7775
•Athletic field maintenance, 18
•Equipment maintenance assistant, 18
•Mowing operator, 18
•Park maintenance, 18
|• Up to 40 (weather dependent)
|Parks: Mike, 222-6464, MSullivan@bisparks.org
Sports Complexes: Riley, 751-0126, RMerkel@bisparks.org
•Lifeguard, 15 *
•Outdoor concessions cashier, 15
•Outdoor facility attendant, 16
•Outdoor pool manager, 18
•Outdoor waterslide monitor, 16
•Swim lesson instructor, 16 **
|Up to 40, weather dependent
|•Lifeguard: Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified
Certification training available
•Instructor: Prefer WSI certified
|BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center:
Jahna, 751-4270, JGardiner@bisparks.org
|Programs Coaches & Officials (Youth & Adult):
•Adult volleyball officials, 14
•Babe Ruth baseball umpire, 15
•Youth baseball coach, 15
•Summer youth basketball coach, 14
|Youth Basketball & Soccer:
Jeremy, 222-6641, JDykstra@bisparks.org
Baseball: Ethan, 415-0464, EEberle@bisparks.org
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) offers an engaging and educational internship program. In which, community college, college undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates can apply traditional academic classroom learning into real-world work experience within a local government parks agency, to develop technical skills for career development. The internship goal is to provide interns with the following opportunities:
- Gain practical experience in the parks and recreation industry.
- Understand the impact of park and recreation infrastructure and services to the community and how the agency operates in a municipal government setting.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of parks and recreation jobs and career paths in the industry.
- Become involved in activities that will develop professional skills and foster professionalism.
- Determine professional strengths and areas in which to grow/improve.
- Develop an understanding of the organizational environment and administrative procedures.
This 12-week paid internship provides a rewarding and valuable experience for those seeking introductory work experience, and/or college credit.
Applicants must be a student enrolled in a community college, undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate pursuing a degree in park/recreation administration, business or public administration, community engagement, marketing/communications, and/or similar relevant majors.
BPRD is looking for applicants with the following required qualifications:
- Are motivated self-starters, able to flexibly work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Have humility and a desire to work on a variety of assignments, from daily tasks to high priority park projects.
- Have a basic understanding of parks and recreation operations, programs or community outreach strategies.
- Can provide support to a small team of staff, potentially including assisting staff at community meetings.
Internship Pay, Schedule & Location
- Salary adjustments are determined on an annual basis by the Board of Park Commissioners
- The internship time commitment is at least 20 hours per week. Specific internship schedules will be determined upon internship offer, but it will be routine week to week between Mondays – Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
The internship schedule will be determined and based on interns’ availability. Interns will work at the BPRD main office and may have periodic fieldwork at other facilities within the district.
For additional questions about the Summer Internship Program, please contact RaNae Jochim at firstname.lastname@example.org.