The women’s hot tub at Capital Racquet & Fitness Center will be closed for maintenance until further notice. We are sorry for any inconvenience!
The sledding hill and warming house at Tom O’Leary Golf Course are closed until further notice due to poor sledding conditions.
A section of Hay Creek Trail is closed for construction until further notice.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
Job Announcement – Apply for Jobs
You have a variety of options for completing a job application for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District.
- Fillable PDF: The fillable PDF application can be found below.
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF app. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Avoid completing the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Attached and Email, attach the PDF and email to email@example.com or deliver it to the Park District as listed above.
- Paper Copy: Paper applications are available at our office at 400 East Front Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58504.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- BPRD Job Application (Must be completed – PDF Download)
- Applicant Information Form – voluntary (PDF Download)
- Aquatic Application Supplement – required for lifeguard positions (PDF Download)
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
- No full-time openings at this time.
|Position||Number of Hours||Information||Contact Person|
|BLAST||15 hours per week.
3 – 6pm
|BLAST Leaders||Cindy Gum, 222-6771|
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||Hours vary||
|KidZone at Capital Racquet & Fitness Center||Mondays-Thursdays 2-3 days per week 5-8:30pm starting October 1.||Childcare||Katrina Hanenberg, CRFC, 221-6855|
|Local Foods Coordinator Position||Local Foods Coordinator Position||RaNae Jochim, 222-6766|
|Lifeguard and/or swimming lesson instructor, BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center, indoor||Hours vary,
based on availability
|Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified – the Park District offers these courses to become certified.
|Jahna Gardiner, 751-4270|
|Youth Sport coaches
|Tennis Instructor: Teaching 10 & Under Children, Monday – Thursday, 5-10 hours per week||
|Volleyball Officials||Days: Sunday – Thursday
Hours: 6:15 – 10:15pm
|Volleyball Officials||RaNae Jochim, 222-6766|
|Zamboni Driver||Evenings and Weekends
|Zamboni Driver||Dylan Thiem, 221-6813|
- All 2020 Summer Internships are now full.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) offers an engaging and educational internship program. In which, community college, college undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates can apply traditional academic classroom learning into real-world work experience within a local government parks agency, to develop technical skills for career development. The internship goal is to provide interns with the following opportunities:
- Gain practical experience in the parks and recreation industry.
- Understand the impact of park and recreation infrastructure and services to the community and how the agency operates in a municipal government setting.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of parks and recreation jobs and career paths in the industry.
- Become involved in activities that will develop professional skills and foster professionalism.
- Determine professional strengths and areas in which to grow/improve.
- Develop an understanding of the organizational environment and administrative procedures.
This 12-week paid internship provides a rewarding and valuable experience for those seeking introductory work experience, and/or college credit.
Applicants must be a student enrolled in a community college, undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate pursuing a degree in park/recreation administration, business or public administration, community engagement, marketing/communications, and/or similar relevant majors.
BPRD is looking for applicants with the following required qualifications:
- Are motivated self-starters, able to flexibly work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Have humility and a desire to work on a variety of assignments, from daily tasks to high priority park projects.
- Have a basic understanding of parks and recreation operations, programs or community outreach strategies.
- Can provide support to a small team of staff, potentially including assisting staff at community meetings.
Internship Pay, Schedule & Location
- Interns will receive $10/hour.
- The internship time commitment is at least 20 hours per week. Specific internship schedules will be determined upon internship offer, but it will be routine week to week between Mondays – Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
Internship schedule will be determined and based on interns’ availability. Interns will work at the BPRD main office and may have periodic fieldwork at other facilities within the district.
For additional questions, please contact RaNae Jochim at firstname.lastname@example.org.