Apply for Jobs
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
- BPRD Job Application (Must be completed – PDF)
- Applicant Information Form – voluntary (PDF)
- Aquatic Application Supplement – required for lifeguard positions (PDF)
How to fill out a PDF:
- Use the Free Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF.
- Avoid completing the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Attach and Email, attach the PDF and email to email@example.com or deliver it to the Park District as listed below.
- Paper Copy: Paper applications are available at our office at 400 East Front Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
- Accountant – Updated 7-9-2021
Part-Time Employment Opportunities
|Position||Number of Hours||Information/Job Descriptions||Contact Person|
|Bismarck’s Life After School Time (BLAST) after-school program.||M-F from 3-6pm
Must be 16 years of age or older
|BLAST Leader||Cindy Gums, 222-6771, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||WWMB: 20-30 hrs/wk. Hours vary.
Capital Racquet & Fitness Center (CRFC): 10-20 hrs/wk. Evenings and weekends.
BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center (BSC AWC): 10-20 hrs/wk. Hours vary. Early morning, afternoon & weekends. Prefer 18 and older
Riverwood Golf Course: Nights and weekends. 18+ Starting $12.75. Golf privileges included.
|Facility Attendant –Ice Arenas||25-30 hrs/wk.
Must be 18 years of age to drive Zamboni.
|Zamboni Driver||Dylan Thiem, 221-6813, email@example.com
Cole Carroll, 712-8918
Mike Wald, 221-6814
||Linsay Berg, 751-4271, LBerg@bisparks.org|
|Golf Course Maintenance||Up to 40, weather dependent
Must be 18 years of age or older
||Up to 40, based on availability||
|Park Operations||Hours Vary
Operation workers must be 18 yrs old.
|Programs (youth & adult):
Archery, Baseball, Soccer, Softball and volleyball.
All 2021 Summer Internships are now full.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) offers an engaging and educational internship program. In which, community college, college undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates can apply traditional academic classroom learning into real-world work experience within a local government parks agency, to develop technical skills for career development. The internship goal is to provide interns with the following opportunities:
- Gain practical experience in the parks and recreation industry.
- Understand the impact of park and recreation infrastructure and services to the community and how the agency operates in a municipal government setting.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of parks and recreation jobs and career paths in the industry.
- Become involved in activities that will develop professional skills and foster professionalism.
- Determine professional strengths and areas in which to grow/improve.
- Develop an understanding of the organizational environment and administrative procedures.
This 12-week paid internship provides a rewarding and valuable experience for those seeking introductory work experience, and/or college credit.
Applicants must be a student enrolled in a community college, undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate pursuing a degree in park/recreation administration, business or public administration, community engagement, marketing/communications, and/or similar relevant majors.
BPRD is looking for applicants with the following required qualifications:
- Are motivated self-starters, able to flexibly work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Have humility and a desire to work on a variety of assignments, from daily tasks to high priority park projects.
- Have a basic understanding of parks and recreation operations, programs or community outreach strategies.
- Can provide support to a small team of staff, potentially including assisting staff at community meetings.
Internship Pay, Schedule & Location
- Interns will receive $11.25/hour.
- The internship time commitment is at least 20 hours per week. Specific internship schedules will be determined upon internship offer, but it will be routine week to week between Mondays – Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
The internship schedule will be determined and based on interns’ availability. Interns will work at the BPRD main office and may have periodic fieldwork at other facilities within the district.
For additional questions about the Summer Internship Program, please contact RaNae Jochim at firstname.lastname@example.org.