Job Announcement – Apply for Jobs
You have a variety of options for completing a job application for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District.
- Fillable PDF: The fillable PDF application can be found below.
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF app. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Avoid completing the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Attached and Email, attach the PDF and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the Park District as listed above.
- Paper Copy: Paper applications are available at our office at 400 East Front Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58504.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- BPRD Job Application (Must be completed – PDF Download)
- Applicant Information Form – voluntary (PDF Download)
- Aquatic Application Supplement – required for lifeguard positions (PDF Download)
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
- No full-time openings at this time.
Part-Time Employment Opportunities
|Position||Number of Hours||Information||Contact Person|
|Activity Center||Up to 40
|Planning and supervising activities for K-5 children.||Cindy Gums, 222-6771|
|BLAST||15 hours per week.
3 – 6pm
|BLAST Leaders||Cindy Gums, 222-6771|
• Softball complexes
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||Hours vary||
|Group Fitness Instructor and Water Aerobics Instructor||Hours vary||Group Fitness Instructor and Water Aerobics Instructor||Linsay Berg, 751-4271|
|Maintenance||Up to 40, weather dependent||
• Swim lesson instructors
|Up to 40, based on availability.
Outdoors weather dependent
|Programs (youth & adult):
Baseball/softball, basketball, flag football, golf, soccer, and volleyball.
|Zamboni Driver||Evenings and Weekends
|Zamboni Driver Job Description||Dylan Thiem, 221-6813|
- All 2020 Summer Internships are now full.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) offers an engaging and educational internship program. In which, community college, college undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates can apply traditional academic classroom learning into real-world work experience within a local government parks agency, to develop technical skills for career development. The internship goal is to provide interns with the following opportunities:
- Gain practical experience in the parks and recreation industry.
- Understand the impact of park and recreation infrastructure and services to the community and how the agency operates in a municipal government setting.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of parks and recreation jobs and career paths in the industry.
- Become involved in activities that will develop professional skills and foster professionalism.
- Determine professional strengths and areas in which to grow/improve.
- Develop an understanding of the organizational environment and administrative procedures.
This 12-week paid internship provides a rewarding and valuable experience for those seeking introductory work experience, and/or college credit.
Applicants must be a student enrolled in a community college, undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate pursuing a degree in park/recreation administration, business or public administration, community engagement, marketing/communications, and/or similar relevant majors.
BPRD is looking for applicants with the following required qualifications:
- Are motivated self-starters, able to flexibly work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Have humility and a desire to work on a variety of assignments, from daily tasks to high priority park projects.
- Have a basic understanding of parks and recreation operations, programs or community outreach strategies.
- Can provide support to a small team of staff, potentially including assisting staff at community meetings.
Internship Pay, Schedule & Location
- Interns will receive $10/hour.
- The internship time commitment is at least 20 hours per week. Specific internship schedules will be determined upon internship offer, but it will be routine week to week between Mondays – Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
Internship schedule will be determined and based on interns’ availability. Interns will work at the BPRD main office and may have periodic fieldwork at other facilities within the district.
For additional questions, please contact RaNae Jochim at email@example.com.