Apply for Jobs
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer.
- BPRD Job Application (must be completed – PDF)
- Applicant Information Form (voluntary – PDF)
- Aquatic Application Supplement (required for lifeguard positions – PDF)
How to fill out a PDF:
- Use the Free Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF.
- Download the fillable PDF to your device – do not complete the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Email the completed PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the Park District as listed below.
- Paper Application: Available at 400 E. Front Ave., Bismarck, ND 58504.
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
Part-Time Employment Opportunities
|Position||Number of Hours||Information/Job Descriptions||Contact Person|
|Bismarck’s Life After School Time (BLAST) program leaders||M-F from 3-6pm.
Must be age 16+.
|BLAST Leader||Cindy Gums, 222-6771, email@example.com|
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||World War Memorial Building (WWMB): 20-30 hrs/wk. Hours vary.
Capital Racquet & Fitness Center (CRFC): 10-20 hrs/wk. Evenings and weekends.
BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center (BSC AWC): 10-20 hrs/wk. Hours vary. Early mornings, afternoons & weekends. Prefer age 18+.
Pebble Creek Golf Course: Nights and weekends, 15-30 hrs per week. Age 18+. Golf privileges included.
Riverwood Golf Course: Nights and weekends. Age 18+. Starting $12.75. Golf privileges included.
||Facility Attendant II/Zamboni Driver||Dylan Thiem, 221-6813, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Wald, 221-6814, email@example.com
||Linsay Berg, 751-4271, LBerg@bisparks.org|
|Golf Course Maintenance||Up to 40 hrs/wk, weather dependent.
Must be age 18+.
|Open Gym Supervisor||Saturday and Sunday from 1-5pm||Open Gym Supervisor||RaNae Jochim, 222-6766, firstname.lastname@example.org|
||Up to 40 hrs/wk, based on availability.||
|Programs (youth & adult):
Basketball, Archery, Volleyball
|Warming House Attendants||Must be age 16+.||Warming House Attendant||Riley Merkel or Colin Bales, 222-6464|
All 2021 Summer Internships are now full.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) offers an engaging and educational internship program. In which, community college, college undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates can apply traditional academic classroom learning into real-world work experience within a local government parks agency, to develop technical skills for career development. The internship goal is to provide interns with the following opportunities:
- Gain practical experience in the parks and recreation industry.
- Understand the impact of park and recreation infrastructure and services to the community and how the agency operates in a municipal government setting.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of parks and recreation jobs and career paths in the industry.
- Become involved in activities that will develop professional skills and foster professionalism.
- Determine professional strengths and areas in which to grow/improve.
- Develop an understanding of the organizational environment and administrative procedures.
This 12-week paid internship provides a rewarding and valuable experience for those seeking introductory work experience, and/or college credit.
Applicants must be a student enrolled in a community college, undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate pursuing a degree in park/recreation administration, business or public administration, community engagement, marketing/communications, and/or similar relevant majors.
BPRD is looking for applicants with the following required qualifications:
- Are motivated self-starters, able to flexibly work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Have humility and a desire to work on a variety of assignments, from daily tasks to high priority park projects.
- Have a basic understanding of parks and recreation operations, programs or community outreach strategies.
- Can provide support to a small team of staff, potentially including assisting staff at community meetings.
Internship Pay, Schedule & Location
- Interns will receive $11.25/hour.
- The internship time commitment is at least 20 hours per week. Specific internship schedules will be determined upon internship offer, but it will be routine week to week between Mondays – Fridays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
The internship schedule will be determined and based on interns’ availability. Interns will work at the BPRD main office and may have periodic fieldwork at other facilities within the district.
For additional questions about the Summer Internship Program, please contact RaNae Jochim at email@example.com.