Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Job Announcement – Apply for Jobs
You have a variety of options for completing a job application for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District.
- Fillable PDF: The fillable PDF application can be found below.
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF app. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Avoid completing the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Email it to email@example.com or deliver it to the Park District as listed above.
- Note: On page 3 of the application the signature, date and SSN are required to be completed in person during the interview. Do not send your SSN through email.
- Paper Copy: Paper applications are available at our office at 400 East Front Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58504.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- BPRD Job Application (Must be completed – PDF Download)
- Applicant Information Form – voluntary (PDF Download)
- Aquatic Application Supplement – required for lifeguard positions (PDF Download)
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
|Position||Number of Hours||Information||Contact Person|
|Accounting Office Assistant – Account Technician||Part-Time
20-40 hours per week
Mid-May through August
|Accounting Office Assistant – Account Technician||Kathy Feist, 222-6784|
|Activity Centers||Up to 40
|Planning and supervising activities for K-5 children.||Cindy Gums, 222-6771|
|• Concessions outdoor pools
• Concessions sport complexes
|Hours vary||Concessions Softball Job Description||
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||Hours vary
Front Desk Staff at BSC AWC: 3-4 days a week, 5am shift.
|Golf Course Maintenance||Up to 40, weather dependent||Golf Course Maintenance||
|Golf Shop/Facility Attendant||Up to 40, weather dependent||
|Lifeguard and/or swimming lesson instructor, BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center, indoor||Hours vary,
based on availability
|Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified – the Park District offers these courses to become certified.||Jahna Gardiner, 751-4270|
|Lifeguard and/or swimming lesson instructor, outdoor pools||Up to 40, based on availability, weather dependent||Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified – the Park District offers these courses to become certified.||Dylan Thiem, 221-6813|
|McDowell Dam Recreation Area||Up to 40, weather dependent||McDowell Dam Concessions||David Robinson, 223-7016|
|Operations general park maintenance||Hours vary||Operations District Office: 222-6464|
|Adult Sport coaches
|Adult Volleyball September-November and January-March.
Mon – Thur: 6-10:30pm.
|Youth Sport coaches
|Zamboni Driver||30 hours per week||Must be 18+ years old||Mike Wald, 221-6814|