Chief Looking’s Village, 2023 Burnt Boat Dr., will be closed until further notice due to road conditions at the site.
You have a variety of options for completing a job application for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District.
- Fillable PDF: The fillable PDF application can be found below.
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF app. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Avoid completing the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Email it to email@example.com or deliver it to the Park District as listed above.
- Note: On page 3 of the application the signature, date and SSN are required to be completed in person during the interview. Do not send your SSN through email.
- Paper Copy: Paper applications are available at our office at 400 East Front Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58504.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- BPRD Job Application (Must be completed – PDF Download)
- Applicant Information Form – voluntary (PDF Download)
- Aquatic Application Supplement – required for lifeguard positions (PDF Download)
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
|Position||Number of Hours||Information||Contact Person|
|Activity Centers||Up to 40
|Planning and supervising activities for K-5 children.||Cindy Gums|
|Cashier/concessions for outdoor pools and softball complexes||Hours vary||Dylan Thiem
|Eagles Campground Host||24-32 hours per week||Eagles Campground Host||Tony Schmitt|
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||Hours vary||
||Mike Wald – Ice Arenas
Kevin Olson – World War Memorial Building
Tim Kuntz – Pebble Creek/Fore Seasons Center
|Facility maintenance||Hours vary||Zamboni/Pool Maintenance||Mike Wald – Ice Arenas|
|Facility Attendant/Golf Shop and Golf Course Maintenance||Hours vary||Pebble Creek
|Tim Doppler – Riverwood
Tim Kuntz – Pebble Creek
|Group Fitness Instructors||Water Aerobics Instructors||Linsay Berg – BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center|
|Lifeguard and/or swimming lesson instructor, BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center, indoor||Hours vary,
based on availability
|Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified – the Park District offers these courses to become certified.||Jahna Gardiner – BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center
|Lifeguard and/or swimming lesson instructor, outdoor pools||Up to 40,
based on availability, weather dependent
|Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified – the Park District offers these courses to become certified.||Dylan Thiem
|McDowell Dam Recreation Area maintenance and boat rentals||David Robinson
|Operations general maintenance||Up to 40
|Open positions include: Mower Operators, Park Maintenance, Athletic Field Maintenance, Landscape Workers and Spray Applicators.||Tony Schmitt – Parks
Riley Merkel – Sports Complexes
Lynn Morgenson – Landscape Crew
|Outdoor pool manager and waterslide monitor at Hillside Aquatic Complex||40/week – manager
Up to 40 – monitor
|Safety Village||Up to 35
|Teaching 5-6 year olds about safety.||Cindy Gums|
and officials – baseball/softball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, & tennis instructors
|Jeremy Dykstra – Youth Baseball/Softball & Soccer
RaNae Jochim – Youth Volleyball
Rod Morasch – Youth Tennis
|Triple Star Day Camp||35 hours per week
|Day camp for participants with special needs||RaNae Jochim|
|Volleyball (Adult) officials||Evening hours||RaNae Jochim|