Bismarck’s Life After School Time (BLAST) is an after-school recreation-based program that takes place at selected elementary school sites. Participants enjoy games and activities with their peers and leaders in a safe and supervised environment. See Concussion Policy.
BLAST follows the school year calendar and is not held on site when school is not in session for school breaks/holidays/staff training.
- Elk Ridge
- Prairie Rose
- Rita Murphy
- Silver Ranch
*Please contact your school directly regarding after-school program options if not listed above.
- $280 due at time of registration. This is applied to first and last month’s bill.
- Children enrolled in the BLAST program must attend school at that site.
Open-Enrollment Procedure for 2024-25
- Mid-May: BLAST registration information is mailed to families currently enrolled in the BLAST program. This helps us determine who is coming back and how many open positions there are available for other families at each school site.
- June 13 by 5pm: Registration packets from current BLAST families are due at BPRD by 5pm .
- June 3-21: The new applicants that are interested in enrollment for 2024-25 will have this timeframe to stop in at the BPRD office and register their child(ren) in a drawing for the open positions.
- July (second week): BPRD will draw the names for each school and place them in the available spots and on the waiting list. By the end of that week, we will contact all the families to let them know the results of the drawing.