The women’s hot tub at Capital Racquet & Fitness Center will be closed for maintenance until further notice. We are sorry for any inconvenience!
The sledding hill and warming house at Tom O’Leary Golf Course are closed until further notice due to poor sledding conditions.
A section of Hay Creek Trail is closed for construction until further notice.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
Bismarck’s Life After School Time (BLAST) is an after-school recreation based program that takes place at selected elementary school sites. Participants enjoy games and activities with their peers and leaders in a safe and supervised environment.
|K-5||School Year||M-F||3:05 – 6pm|
*BLAST follows the school year calendar and is not held on site when school is not in session for school breaks/holidays/staff training.
- Prairie Rose
- Rita Murphy
- There is limited enrollment at all sites.
- For questions about the BLAST program, please call 222-6455.
* Bismarck Parks and Recreation does not manage the after school programs at Lincoln, Miller, Moses, Myhre, Will-Moore and Pioneer schools. If you are interested in attending those schools, you can contact Missouri River Educational Cooperative at 751-4041.
Fall 2020 Enrollment
The BLAST deadline for people currently enrolled through the last day of school, is June 18 at 5pm. BLAST packets will be distributed in Mid-May for those currently enrolled in the program. The packets will be mailed to the parents.
$260 due at time of registration. This will be applied to first and last month’s bill.
- Children enrolled in the BLAST program must attend school at that site.
Open – Enrollment Procedure for BLAST 2020-2021
- Mid-May: BLAST registration information will be mailed to current families enrolled in the BLAST program. This helps us determine who is coming back, and how many open positions there are available for other families at each school site.
- June 18 by 5pm: Registration packets from current BLAST families are due back at Bismarck Parks and Recreation District office at 400 East Front Avenue.
- June 8-26: The new applicants that are interested in enrollment for 2020-21 will have this timeframe to stop in at the BPRD office and register their child(ren) in a drawing for the open positions.
- July (second week): BPRD will enlist the assistance of an auditing firm to do the drawing of all the names for each school and place them in the available spots and on the waiting list. By the end of that week, we will contact all the families to let them know the results of the drawing.