The sledding hill and warming house at Tom O’Leary Golf Course are closed until further notice due to poor sledding conditions.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
BPRD gets everyone up and moving with these free programs. Enjoy!
- 5th Grade Track Meet
- Candlelight Autumn Walk
- Elementary Cross Country Meets
- Flurry Fest Events – February every year
- Geocache Challenge – BPRD locations
- Imagination Playground
- July Celebration Events – July every year
- Junior Golf (18 and under) – June-August
- Movie in the Park
- Open Gym Program: play ball, games, and run around!
- Playground Passport
- Pool Pooch Party
- Pre-school Skate Date
- Santa’s Hotline
- Tennis Block Party
- Weekday Morning Play Dates
Parks and Facilities
- Athletic Fields – Soccer, Baseball, Softball
- Bark Dog Park
- Cross Country Skiing/Snow Shoeing
- Disc Golf Courses
- Horseshoe pits
- Indoor Skating Rink – VFW Sports Center
- Outdoor Archery Range
- Outdoor Skating Rinks/Warming Houses
- Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Parks: run, jump, play & explore
- Practice Putting Greens
- Remote Control Aircraft Fields
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Sheila Schafer Junior Golf Links – Tom O’Leary
- Skate Parks
- Sledding Hill – Tom O’Leary
- World War Memorial Building
Trails – always Free!
- Interpretive, Educational and Cultural Trails
- Off Road mountain bike and hiking trails
- Recreation Trails
- Rotary Club Arboretum Trail