Rosa Young Park
This park is all green space, so you can run and play, bring a blanket and read a book, or just walk around and enjoy the greenery.
Rosa Young Park was formally dedicated on June 22, 1962. It is located west and north of the intersection of Rosser Avenue and at that time, U. S. Highway 10, and is named for Mrs. Clyde Young, who died unexpectedly earlier that year. Mrs. Young served on the park board from 1927-1950. Present at the dedication were George Schaumberg, head of the Bismarck Recreation Department, along with Jack Vantine, a park board member, and Bismarck Mayor Evan Lips.
Here is a photo of Bismarck’s Fortnightly Club Members as well as some information about the club. Rosa Young is pictured, seated on the far right, in the dark dress.
What ever happened to that plane?
Yes, the plane that used to be on display in Rosa Young Park in Bismarck. Bismarck Parks and Recreation District gets a call now and then wondering where it went and when. Sadly, our archives nor our staff’s collective memories didn’t hold the answer. A special thanks to Ann Vadnie of Bismarck for helping us solve the mystery, courtesy of The Bismarck Tribune.