The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District has 50 playgrounds in 62 parks. The playgrounds are unique, have themes (music, monkeys, wild west) and are accessible to all. BPRD’s Matching Grant program helped six schools update playgrounds since 2014, too. We’re in the “Let’s Play” business!
Six new playgrounds, two additions and four replacements since 2014 have increased access to active play. BPRD themed playgrounds are unique, inclusive and fully compliant. BPRD’s Matching Grant program has helped six schools update playgrounds since 2014.
Here’s some news about new and updated playgrounds in Bismarck:
Brand New Playgrounds
- Johnny Gisi Memorial Park
- Heritage Park
- Normandy Park
- Southland Park
- South Meadows Park
- Sunrise Park
New Playground Additions
School Playground Improvements with Matching Grants
- Centennial Elementary – 2017
- Northridge Elementary – 2017
- Miller Elementary
- Rita Murphy Elementary
- Dorothy Moses Elementary
- Solheim Elementary
- Liberty Elementary
- Northridge Elementary
- Sertoma Park, shelters 2-3: Music ship
- Sertoma Park, shelter 8: Monkey playground
- Sertoma Park, shelter 9: Space ship and planet
- Clem Kelly Athletic Complex: Spider and web
- Igoe Park: Fire truck and fire station
- New Generations Park: Wild West theme
- 16th Street Park: Train theme
- Sunrise Park: Battle ship
- Normandy Park: Construction theme
- Lions Park, shelter 1: Castle and stagecoach