13 & 14 Babe Ruth Games against Dickinson at Tatley Fields have been cancelled for today, Wednesday, June 19.
All outdoor pools will be closed today, Wednesday, June 19 – due to the cool weather.
All youth baseball has been cancelled for this morning, Wednesday, June 19. Pictures have been rescheduled for Monday, June 24. Babe Ruth non-advancing practice has also been cancelled.
High School Prep Tennis lessons have been moved to Capital Racquet & Fitness Center for today, Wednesday, June 19 from 1 – 2:30pm. High School Beginner Tennis lessons have been moved to Capital Racquet & Fitness Center for today, Wednesday, June 19 from 11-12:30pm
The Golf Putting League has been cancelled at Tom O’Leary Golf Course this week, June 18 & 19 – due to aerification of the greens.
The Washington Trail from 57th Ave NW to Restful Dr. is temporarily closed for construction.
Due to mechanical problems at Hillside Aquatic Complex, only the blue slide is currently working, the other water features are closed until further notice. The pool remains open.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
Metal Detecting in BPRD Property
Metal Detectors are allowed on BPRD property as long as the following guidelines are observed.
- Never destroy or disturb park facilities, natural features, or historical or archeological resources. No item which is, or appears to be of historical or archaeological significance, may be removed from the site at which it was found. Any such find shall be immediately reported to park personnel, and the area in which the find occurred shall be closed.
- Limit digging implements to ice picks, screwdrivers and probes not to exceed two inches in width and sand scoops not to exceed six inches in width and eight inches in length, containing perforations no less than one-half inch in width, to be used only on sand surfaces. Any holes dug shall be limited to six inches maximum depth and shall be immediately refilled and the surface restored to its earlier condition.
- Properly dispose of all found or recovered trash and litter.
- Conduct themselves with thoughtfulness, courtesy and consideration for others, and not interfere with other recreational activities. An operator shall not allow any emitted metal detector sound audible to other park users.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District owned and operated property where detecting is not allowed are as follow:
- General Sibley Park and Campground
- East Sibley Park
- Eagles Park
- Chief Lookings Village
- Bismarck Municipal Ball Park
- Any athletic fields (soccer, softball, baseball, lacrosse, etc.)
- Tom O’Leary Golf Course
- Pebble Creek Golf Course and Fore Seasons Center
- Riverwood Golf Course