Joann Hetzel Memorial 4-H Building
Facility Use Information
This space is a popular venue for wedding receptions, fundraisers, sales and gatherings of all kinds.
Call 701-222-6455 to inquire about availability and make a reservation (email requests not accepted).
One-Day Rental Fee
- Without Alcohol = $600; for-profit $800
- With Alcohol = $800; for-profit $1,000
- Due at time of reservation: signed facility use agreement and $1,000 security deposit (refundable)
- Due 14 days prior to event:
- Certificate of liability insurance ($500,000 per person and $1,625,000 per occurrence)
- Use fee
Alcohol Service Requirements
- Alcohol must be served by an establishment licensed in Bismarck with the appropriate liquor license.
- A licensed security company is required when alcohol is present (1 security personnel per 150 people).
Fire Code Occupancy
- Table/Chair Seating = 435
- Seated Only = 830
- Building floorplan
- Heated and air conditioned
- Electricity – eight outlets every 8-ft length of building, one standard and one 50-amp outlet at end of building with large garage door
- Sound system (microphone with four speakers; advance request required)
- Tables (dark gray plastic, 64 8-ft & 37 6-ft)
- Chairs (black, 435 chairs)
- Dividers (6 light gray, 4 sand color)
- Security cameras
- Winter Rentals: Snow removal will occur when accumulation reaches two inches and snowfall has stopped. Additional snow removal will be the renter’s responsibility.
- Smoking is prohibited in the arena and within twenty feet of entrances and exits.
- Vehicles are restricted to established roads and parking lots.
- Garage doors must remain closed during event, except for loading and unloading.
- No overnight camping is allowed.
- Multiple power outlets should be utilized inside the arena, rather than using only one bay or outlet.
- Tables and chairs must remain indoors.
- Glass beverage containers are prohibited.
- Candles and fireworks are prohibited.
- Items of any kind may not be suspended from the ceiling, and nails, screws and other anchors are prohibited. Painter’s tape and damage-free hanging strips that do not damage walls may be used.
- Helium balloons are prohibited.
- Wax on floors is prohibited.