Bismarck Parks and Recreation District participants and partners: As recommended from ND Governor Burgum, all Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) facilities are closed and programs suspended through Monday, April 6.
The 2020 ND State Amateur Basketball Tournament scheduled for March 27-29 has been cancelled.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Activity Centers provide summer recreational programming at selected elementary schools in a day-camp style setting. This program is for kids entering grades 1-6. Daily games, crafts, projects and outdoor fun and movement help participants increase social skills and enjoy active play in a safe and caring supervised environment. Activity Centers have limited enrollment.
|1st – 6th Grade||June 1 – Aug. 7||M – F||7:45am – 5:30pm|
- Must have completed kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year or be 6 years old by June 1, 2020. If your child is in kindergarten, but won’t be 6 until after June 1, 2020, please come to Bismarck Parks and Recreation office to register.
- Activity Centers is close at 12 noon on August 7
- No program on July 3
- There is no supervision before 7:45am or after 5:30pm
- We do not provide lunch or snacks, so please bring your own.
- $475/child – if received on or before Thursday, May 2.
- $485/child – if received Friday, May 3 or later.
|NEW for 2020 – The registration fee for the Activity Center can be paid in one payment, or you may choose to split the payment in two. You can make that choice at the time of registration during the payment process.|
TWO – STEP REGISTRATION process
Registration Opens Thursday, April 2 at 8am.
- Step One: Register your child(ren) for the selected Activity Center site online. For this spring/summer registration session only, and only (please) for those individuals who receive a BPRD scholarship or those who do not have any access to any computer, phone registrations will be accepted. The split payment option is not available to those on a scholarship. Staff will be able to take your registration and your credit card payment. Please call 222-6455. Please know your calls will be accepted in the order they come in. If you leave a message on our voicemail system, you will be called back in the order the call was received as time allows. Please know calling and registering over the phone IS NOT faster and DOES NOT guarantee you a spot in any BPRD programs. Preparing your online registration in advance is much more efficient. Once your child(ren) is registered, you can then move to Step Two
- Step Two: You MUST print out the Activity Center Registration Packet (one packet per child) and fill out all the pages. The BPRD office is closed to the public at this time. If you do not have access to a printer, please call 222-6455 and a packet can be printed for you and picked up at the BPRD office, 400 E. Front Ave. All Activity Center packets must be completed and returned to the BPRD office by end of day Thursday, April 30. You can mail the completed packet. You can email the completed packet to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can drop off your completed packet in a drop box located outside the BPRD office front doors. Once your completed packet is received, your child(ren)’s registration for Activity Center is complete.
- Activity Center Registration Packets will be available on April 1.
|Centennial||2800 Ithica Dr||17501|
|Grimsrud||716 St. Benedict Dr||17502|
|Liberty||5400 Onyx Dr.||17503|
|Northridge at Hughes||806 N. Washington St.||17504|
|Prairie Rose||2200 Oahe Bend||17505|
|Rita Murphy||611 N. 31st St.||17506|
|Roosevelt||613 W. Ave. B||17508|
|Solheim||325 Munich Dr.||17509|
|Sunrise||3800 Nickerson Ave.||17510|
Junior Leaders will learn the skills necessary to perhaps become an Activity Center leader one day. A Junior Leader will assist the Leaders in organizing the games and daily activities, helping the Activity Center participants when needed, and helping prepare for the activities each day. The Junior Leaders assist the Leaders and learn leadership and problem solving skills in a fast paced, recreational environment.
Junior Leader Applications can be submitted from April 1-17. BPRD staff will do a random drawing April 23 and applicants will be notified of the results.
- Applications will be available on April 1.
- $75/junior leader
Maximum of 4 leaders per site.
Junior Leaders must be going into 7th grade or older.