Activity Centers provide summer recreational programming at selected elementary schools in a day-camp style setting for children entering grades 1-6. Daily games, crafts, projects and outdoor fun and movement help participants increase social skills and enjoy active play in a safe and caring supervised environment. Activity Centers have limited enrollment. Children may be enrolled at any site; they do not have to attend school at that location.
- Must have completed kindergarten during the 2022-23 school year or be 6 years old by June 1, 2023. If your child is in kindergarten, but won’t be 6 until after June 1, 2023, you must register at the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) office.
- We do not provide lunch or snacks, so please bring your own.
- Concussion Policy
Dates & Times
|1st-6th Grade||June 5-Aug. 4, 2023||M-F||7:45am-5:30pm|
- No program on July 3 and 4
- Activity Centers close at noon on Aug. 4.
- There is no supervision before 7:45am or after 5:30pm.
- $500/child – if received on or before Thursday, April 27
- $510/child – if received Friday, April 28, or later
- When registering, the fee can be paid in one payment, or you may choose to split the payment in two. If the split payment option is picked, the first payment is made the day of registration and the second payment is charged May 15, 2023.
TWO-STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS
May 19: Online registration is closed, but in-person registration at the BPRD office is open. Hours are 7:30am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Registration starts April 4, 2023, at 8am.
- Step One: Register your child(ren) for the selected Activity Center site online or in person at the BPRD office, 400 E. Front Ave. Once your child(ren) is registered, you can then move to Step Two.
- Step Two: You MUST complete the fillable PDF or pick up a registration packet from the BPRD office. Submit the completed packet at the BPRD office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of registering. Submit one packet for each child. Once your completed packet is received, your child(ren)’s registration is complete.
- Download this Activity Center Registration Packet (fillable PDF) to your device. Do not fill it out in a web browser or the information you enter will not be saved.
- Complete the form and save it to your device.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com.
|Centennial||2800 Ithica Dr.||25379|
|Elk Ridge||4401 Ivory Ln.||25594|
|Grimsrud||716 St. Benedict Dr.||25595|
|Highland Acres||1200 Prairie Dr.||25600|
|Liberty||5400 Onyx Dr.||25596|
|Northridge||1727 N. 3rd St.||25597|
|Prairie Rose||2200 Oahe Bend||25598|
|Rita Murphy||611 N. 31st St.||25599|
|Silver Ranch||4511 Silver Blvd.||25601|
|Solheim||325 Munich Dr.||25602|
|Sunrise||3800 Nickerson Ave.||25603|
Junior Leaders will learn the skills necessary to perhaps become an Activity Center Leader one day. A Junior Leader will assist the Leaders in organizing the games and daily activities, helping the Activity Center participants and helping prepare for the activities each day. The Junior Leaders assist the Leaders and learn leadership and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, recreational environment.
Junior Leader applications can be submitted from April 3-14. BPRD staff will do a random drawing April 20, and applicants will be notified of the results.