The BSC AWC Program Pool will be closed for cleaning, Monday & Tuesday, August 20-21. The pool will reopen at noon on August 22.
The Bill Mills trail is closed due to increased water level.
Capital Ice Complex/Schaumberg Arena and Wachter Arena
221 E. Reno Avenue, Bismarck, ND, 58504 • 701-712-8918
The Capital Ice Complex is complete, full of activities and a wonderful addition to Bismarck. The former Schaumberg Arena has a sister sheet of ice, Wachter Arena, and both are now under one roof in the Capital Ice Complex. The facility is home to youth hockey, figure skating and public ice skating. This expansion is due to the support of a generous business community and many, many individuals and families.
Public Indoor Ice Skating
- Schaumberg Arena: Opens October 21. Sundays: 6 – 8pm
- Wachter Arena: Opens October 27. Saturdays: 3 – 5pm
- Skating fee: $2/Individual; $5/family
- Skate Rental: $3
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
- Ice Rentals: $85/hour (limited availability)
- Dry Floor: $40/hour
- Must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
- Click here to view schedules for Ice Arenas
- Reservations: call Dylan at 712-8918
Capital Ice Complex featuring Schaumberg Arena and Wachter Arena
The “Building on Tradition” capital campaign raised just over $3.8 million for the campaign. Thank you to all donors for making this expansion possible. The Bismarck Hockey Boosters and the Bismarck Figure Skating Club made substantial donations to the project, as well as the Chad and Stacy Wachter family.
Community Partners in this Campaign: (link to their websites)