Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) has a long history of creating inclusive and accessible playgrounds. BPRD has 52 playgrounds in 63 parks. There are a variety of playgrounds with special features, including ramps, musical play panels, sensory input panels and sand and water features and are accessible o all. Many playgrounds have themes; music, monkeys, horse-drawn carriages and the wild west. Find a special play space for your child to use their imagination and become an alien, princess or cowboy. We’re in the “Let’s Play” business!
- Click here for a comprehensive list of playgrounds including location, age group, and accessibility features.
- Click here for a playground checklist to take with you. Plan to visit all of them.
Here’s some news about new and updated playgrounds in Bismarck:
- Elk Ridge Park
- General Sibley Park and Campground
- Sertoma Park (near Shelter 4 and Shelter 10)
- Cottonwood South Playground
- 16th Street Park: Train theme
- Clem Kelly Athletic Complex: Spider and web
- Elk Ridge Park: Prairie animal theme
- Heritage Park: Treehouse
- Igoe Park: Fire truck and fire station
- Lions Park, shelter 1: Castle and stagecoach
- New Generations Park: Wild West theme
- Normandy Park: Construction theme
- Sertoma Park, shelters 2-3: Music ship
- Sertoma Park, shelter 4: Bug theme
- Sertoma Park, shelter 8: Monkey playground
- Sertoma Park, shelter 9: Space ship and planet
- Sunrise Park: Battle ship