Bismarck Parks and Recreation District participants and partners: As recommended from ND Governor Burgum, all Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) facilities are closed and programs suspended through Monday, April 6.
The 2020 ND State Amateur Basketball Tournament scheduled for March 27-29 has been cancelled.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) has a long history of creating inclusive and accessible playgrounds. BPRD has 52 playgrounds in 63 parks. There are a variety of playgrounds with special features, including ramps, musical play panels, sensory input panels and sand and water features and are accessible o all. Many playgrounds have themes; music, monkeys, horse-drawn carriages and the wild west. Find a special play space for your child to use their imagination and become an alien, princess or cowboy. We’re in the “Let’s Play” business!
- Click here for a comprehensive list of playgrounds including location, age group, and accessibility features.
- Click here for a playground checklist to take with you. Plan to visit all of them.
Here’s some news about new and updated playgrounds in Bismarck:
Coming in 2019
- Playground Replacement at Sibley Park
- Two New Playgrounds in Cottonwood Park
- 16th Street Park: Train theme
- Clem Kelly Athletic Complex: Spider and web
- Heritage Park: Treehouse
- Igoe Park: Fire truck and fire station
- Lions Park, shelter 1: Castle and stagecoach
- New Generations Park: Wild West theme
- Normandy Park: Construction theme
- Sertoma Park, shelters 2-3: Music ship
- Sertoma Park, shelter 8: Monkey playground
- Sertoma Park, shelter 9: Space ship and planet
- Sunrise Park: Battle ship