Baseball – Coed, Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken
Coed youth baseball is a recreational program that teaches youth ages 5-12 the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include throwing, catching, hitting, and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages, and games. Our emphasis is on equal play time, and most of all, FUN!
Any player born prior to May 1, 2015, and on or after May 1, 2007, are eligible for Coed, Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken. Age is determined as of May 1, 2020 for Mites, Squirts and Cal Ripken.
Schedules and Rosters
- Tuesday & Thursday Youth Baseball/Softball Schedule
- Tuesday & Thursday Rosters
- Monday & Wednesday Youth Baseball/Softball Schedule
- Monday & Wednesday Rosters
|Mites 5-6||June 1-July 22||M & W||10-11am||17523|
|Mites 5-6||June 2-July 23||T & Th||10-11am||17524|
|Squirts 7-9||June 1-July 22||M & W||8:30-9:45am||17526|
|Squirts 7-9||June 2-July 23||T & Th||8:30-9:45am||17527|
|Cal Ripken 10-12||June 1-July 22||M & W||11:15am-12:45pm||17525|
|*No Mites, Squirts, & Cal Ripkin baseball on July 1 and 2.|
Fees and Location
- Youth Baseball Information Sheet
- Baseball Covid-19 Guidelines
- Youth Baseball Carpool Request Form
- Youth Baseball Fan Gear – DEADLINE for orders: Sunday, May 31
- Bulk Helmet Order – DEADLINE for orders: Sunday, May 24
- $55/player – if received on or before Friday, May 15
- No more than $110 maximum/household
- $65/player – if received Saturday, May 16 or later
- No more than $130 maximum/household
- Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, 1100 N Washington St.
Safety protocols that are in place at this time are listed here. Please know this situation is ever-changing, and protocols could fluctuate throughout the summer in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the ND Department of Health guidelines.
- Participants, parents and staff should stay home if not feeling well.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer for your use.
- Smaller group sizes will be created to allow for physical distancing for participants and staff.
- All equipment will be wiped down between program sessions.
- Personal protective equipment, water bottles, food and drink should not be shared with others.
- Avoid unnecessary contact such as handshaking or high fives.
- Additional safety protocols will be shared with parents and participants when the program begins.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We will work hard to provide a fun, safe and healthy experience for all.
Youth Baseball Clinic
Participants born prior to May 1, 2015, and on or after May 1, 2007, are eligible for the Youth Baseball Clinic for the 2020 season. The program focuses on the development of baseball skills and fundamentals. The clinic is at Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, 1100 North Washington Street.
Ages, Dates, & Times
- 5–12 years old
- Thursdays from June 4–July 16 from 11:15-12:45pm
*No Youth Baseball Clinic on Thursday, July 2.
Fee and Registration
- Free for registered Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken Youth Baseball participants.
- To Register: Click “yes” for enrollment into Youth Baseball Clinic when signing up your child for Coed, Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken.
- $15.00 for non-registered youth baseball participants.
- For non-registered-Enroll with Code: 17528
Rain Out Policy
In case of inclement weather, every effort will be made to determine diamond playability by 7:45am for day programs or 4pm for evening programs. Please check the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District website ALERT bar on the front page of the website. You may also choose to “Like” the BPRD Facebook page, since weather notifications are also posted there. You can also call the BPRD information line at 222-6479.