Swimming Pools, Outdoor
For information on outdoor swim lessons, visit our Outdoor Lessons page.
- June 6-August
- Hillside Aquatic Complex
- Daily: 12-4pm and 4:30-8pm
- Lap swim: 11:30am-12:30pm Monday-Friday
- Elks Aquatic Center
- Daily: 12-4pm
- Splash pad is temporarily closed due to mechanical issues.
- Paul H. Wachter Aquatic Complex
- Monday-Friday: 12-4pm
Daily Swim Fee
- $4 per person
- $5 per person with Hillside Waterslide (48″ height requirement)
- Infants 11 months and younger = free
- Cash, checks or credit cards accepted
- Outdoor Pool Rules (PDF download)
- No outside food or beverages please.
- Hillside Aquatic Complex: There are lockers in the men’s and women’s locker rooms. Please bring your own lock.
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied by someone 16 years old or older.
- Daycare Ratio: 6 children/daycare supervisor. No exceptions.
Season Patch (All Pools) (No online registration)
- $75 per person
- $100 per person with Hillside Waterslide
- Patch must be sewn on suit.
- Patches are for sale during regular swimming hours. Patches may also be purchased at the Park District Office, 400 E. Front Ave., prior to the opening of the pools.
Coupon Book for All Pools
- 12 admissions for $40
- 12 admissions with Hillside Waterslide for $50
- Coupon books may be purchased at the pool or at the Park District Office, 400 E. Front Ave., prior to the opening of the pools.
Elks Aquatic Center
321 W. Broadway Ave.
For daily schedule, call 222-6607.
- Splash pad
- Two small slides
- Large patio area with umbrellas
- Concessions and three party rooms
- Across the street from Custer Park, with nearby green space
Party Room Rentals – Elks Aquatic Center
Two-party rooms are available. Reservations can be made at the facility or by calling 222-6419 (Hillside) or 222-6455.
Fees and Party Perks
- Includes 10 Elks Aquatic Center admissions ($4 per additional person).
- Monday – Friday: 12-3pm
- Party Fee: $90
Hillside Aquatic Complex
Located within Lions Park, 1719 E. Boulevard Ave. For daily schedule, call 222-6419.
- Two longer slides (170 feet and 155 feet)
- Water slide, water gun, net climb
- Tipping cone, climbing wall, umbrella jet
- Lap lanes
- Concessions and large party room
- Located in Lions Park, with nearby green space, playgrounds, tennis courts and reservable shelters
Party Space Rentals – Hillside Aquatic Complex
Party space is available during general swim, evening sessions and after hours. Reservations can also be made at the facility or by calling 222-6419 (Hillside) or 222-6455.
Fees and Party Perks
- 10 passes (with waterslide) to the facility ($5 per additional person)
- Monday – Thursday: 12-3pm OR 4:30-7:30pm
- Friday – Sunday: 12-3pm OR 4-7pm
- Party Fee: $100
Paul H. Wachter Aquatic Complex
205 E. Reno Ave. For daily schedule or facility rental, call 222-6614 (Watcher) or 222-6455.
- Also known as the “wave pool”
- Gentle, ocean style waves are created periodically throughout the swim session
- Located next to Wachter Park with nearby green space, playgrounds and reservable shelters
Splash Pad at New Generations Park
Located at New Generations Park, 1021 Mustang Dr.
- Open for season
- Hours: 10am – 8pm
- The water is controlled by a button any user can push. (One push for 15 minutes of fun.)
Splash Pad Rules
- Use Splash Pad at your own risk.
- All Children 10 & under must be supervised by an adult.
- No running or rough play allowed.
- No food, drink or glass containers allowed on Splash Pad.
- No animals allowed at the Splash Pad.
- Do not climb or hang on equipment.
- Do not block Splash Pad fixtures or drains.
- Persons with open sores, infections or transmittable diseases are prohibited from use.
- Do not carry sand or mud onto the Splash Pad.
- No skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, or scooters allowed on the Splash Pad.
- Use of the Splash Pad during severe weather conditions is prohibited.
- Any child or person not fully toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Please use the trash containers and help keep the park clean.
Private After Hours Rentals
All outdoor pools are available for private rentals after public hours for $200/hour.
Please make reservations at least one week in advance by calling 221-6814.
Swimming Inclement Weather
Whenever inclement weather threatens participants or lightning is spotted, the pools will close. If the air temperature is not 66 degrees by 11am, the pools will not open. If the pool closes during a session, you will receive a rain check. Rain checks must be used during the current pool season.