Bismarck Parks and Recreation District participants and partners: As recommended from ND Governor Burgum, all Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) facilities are closed and programs suspended through Monday, April 6.
The 2020 ND State Amateur Basketball Tournament scheduled for March 27-29 has been cancelled.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Bismarck’s population is growing, and so are safety and security concerns. Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) has addressed this issue through development and annual review of emergency procedures, installation of security cameras, secured entry points, staff training conducted by Bismarck Police Department (BPD), security audits in five facilities, securing a host at a remote campground, front desk security training and reviewing staffing levels. The BPD patrols riverfront trails and parks with ATV’s, UTV’s, bikes and Segway’s, providing a safer environment for park and trail users. BPD reports a 20% decrease in calls to parks in 2016 as compared to 2015.
Walking alone in the Park
- Walk with a purpose, hold your head up straight and look where you are going
- Keep your hands free and ready to react to danger
- Don’t talk on the cell phone
- Check your car when approaching it- look on both sides and the backseat
- Check the vehicles close by- who is inside/what are they doing
- Get in your car- lock the doors and drive away
For more information