Public Ice Skating at Capital Ice Complex for Saturday, January 19 has been cancelled.
A portion of the Pebble Creek Trail from 19th Street to Century Avenue has been detoured onto the Pebble Creek Golf Course cart path for the winter.
This detour will be in place until spring when winter conditions subside.
Bismarck’s population is growing, and so are safety and security concerns. Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) has addressed this issue through development and annual review of emergency procedures, installation of security cameras, secured entry points, staff training conducted by Bismarck Police Department (BPD), security audits in five facilities, securing a host at a remote campground, front desk security training and reviewing staffing levels. The BPD patrols riverfront trails and parks with ATV’s, UTV’s, bikes and Segway’s, providing a safer environment for park and trail users. BPD reports a 20% decrease in calls to parks in 2016 as compared to 2015.
Walking alone in the Park
- Walk with a purpose, hold your head up straight and look where you are going
- Keep your hands free and ready to react to danger
- Don’t talk on the cell phone
- Check your car when approaching it- look on both sides and the backseat
- Check the vehicles close by- who is inside/what are they doing
- Get in your car- lock the doors and drive away
For more information, please visit the Bismarck Police website: