Code of Conduct
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) participants are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times.
- Show respect to all participants, staff and members of the public
- Refrain from unwanted and/or harmful physical contact
- Refrain from using abusive, threatening or foul language
- Show respect to equipment, supplies and facilities
- Remain within the established program boundaries
BPRD Code of Conduct – All participants and spectators shall:
Follow . . .
- safety rules and program guidelines
- the direction from staff
Show Respect . . .
- to all participants, spectators, staff, and volunteers
- for equipment, supplies, and facilities
Cooperate . . .
- with supervisors, leaders, and mentors
- with your teammates, camp friends, and other participants
Refrain from . . .
- using abusive or foul language, arguing, fighting, or any other form of harassment or intimidation
- taking things that don’t belong to you
- bringing any weapons onto District property or programs
Report any inappropriate or illegal conduct to BPRD staff or Bismarck Police.
BPRD will enforce this code to help make facilities and programs fun, safe, and enjoyable for everyone. A positive approach will be used regarding discipline. Staff will periodically review rules and expectations with participants and spectators during program sessions. If inappropriate behavior occurs, a prompt individualized response will be sought for each situation.
The BPRD reserves the right to dismiss anyone whose behavior endangers his or her own safety or the safety of others.
Reviewed and approved by Kevin Klipfel, Executive Director, 3/23