Safety Tips for Outdoor Tennis
One of the sure signs of spring’s arrival is the placement of tennis nets throughout the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District’s (BPRD’s) system. All nets are up, and in light of heightened concerns surrounding the COVID-19 virus, here are some safety tips on keeping everyone safe and healthy when you play outdoor tennis at this time.
- Do not play if you do not feel well.
- Play with family members. You may want to consider playing singles and not doubles.
- Allow safe social distancing (a minimum of six feet apart) while waiting for a court and leave adequate space when players depart. Avoid close proximity when resting.
- Don’t change ends after each game.
- Don’t share racquets.
- Avoid handshakes and high fives. Consider wearing gloves.
- Players who do not reside together should not touch the same tennis balls. Each player could have their own tennis ball(s) marked clearly with their initials. Another tip is to pick up the ball with your foot and racquet or scoop it up from the ground with the racquet.
- Wash hands before and after your tennis session. Bring your own hand sanitizer. Wipe down your racquet and water bottle with sanitizing wipes.
- Prepare for limited access to portable restrooms and water fountains at this time.
Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) believes parks, trails, boat ramps and open spaces like tennis courts can continue to be used in a safe manner that allows people to enjoy the mental and physical health benefits these spaces provide. At this time, there are no restrictions on the use of open spaces.
- Open public play is limited to one hour if the courts are full.
- Groups and Bismarck Parks and Recreation District programs with reservations have priority.
- Sons of Norway Park and Lions Park tennis courts currently do not have schedules as they will always be open for public play unless otherwise noted.
- All group reservations must be made for guaranteed court time.
- Please contact Katrina Hanenberg at 701-221-6855 or email@example.com to reserve court times for special events or groups
1) Click the small arrow on the right side of the calendar to drop down all activities.
2) Uncheck all activities you don’t want included in your calendar. For details about a specific event, click on that event.