Bill Mills Trails is closed due to high river elevations.
The Washington Trail from 57th Ave NW to Restful Dr. is temporarily closed for construction.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
If you are interested in bring a volunteer for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD), we would love to have your help! Some of the youth coach and official positions are paid positions, but some folks choose to volunteer for them as well. If interested, contact Jeremy Dykstra, email@example.com or Kevin Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please know that some volunteer positions require that you fill out a BPRD employment application and that you may be subject to a background check.
Here are a few examples of upcoming BPRD volunteer opportunities:
- Summer Babe Ruth 13-15 Baseball Volunteer Coaches & Umpires – May 9 – July 12, 2018 on Mondays – Thursdays and some weekends.
- Summer Youth Soccer Volunteer Coaches – June 4 – July 26, 2018 on Mondays through Thursdays evenings.
- Summer Youth Baseball Volunteer Coaches – June 4 – July 26, 2018 on Mondays – Thursdays mornings and afternoons.
- 16-18 Year Old Midwest Plains Regional Babe Ruth Baseball Tournament Volunteers for admissions, souvenirs, scorekeeping, scoreboard, & announcers – July 20-23, 2018
- Fall Girls’ 3rd-5th Grades Basketball Volunteer Coaches & Officials – August 27 – November 3, 2018 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Fall/Winter Boys’ 3rd-5th Grades Basketball Volunteer Coaches & Officials – November 5, 2018 – January 26, 2019 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Winter Coed 3rd-5th Grades Volleyball Coaches & Officials – January 28 – April 6, 2019 for 1-2 practices/week and games on Saturdays.
- Youth Basketball Skills Challenge Event Staff Volunteers– February 2019 (Day and Time TBD)
If these particular opportunities don’t work for you, BPRD sustains over 250 partnerships and creative collaborations. BPRD’s community connections create more diverse offerings and services to residents than BPRD could provide on its own. Partnership examples include Bismarck Public Schools, Dakota Zoological Society, Gateway to Science, Model Aero Club, Dakota West Arts Council and Dreams in Motion. Click here for a list of BPRD partners who might be looking for a volunteer just like you!