Outdoor Shelters & Indoor Community Center Rentals
With dozens of parks and a variety of indoor spaces, Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) has several options for public or private events.
- Our parks are open year-round; however, some facilities operate on a seasonal basis.
- Park restrooms are scheduled to open in mid-May and close in mid-October, depending on weather.
- Outdoor shelters and indoor community rooms may be reserved for 2023 and 2024. Reservations for 2025 start Oct. 2, 2023 (On this day, in-person reservations are handled before phone call reservations.)
- Payment is due at the time of reservation.
- Information about holding private and public events in parks and purchasing alcoholic beverage permits, along with other space and rental details, is available via the sidebar links.
- Call BPRD at 701-222-6455 or stop by the Administrative Office at 400 E. Front Ave. to make a reservation for outdoor shelters and indoor community rooms. Office hours are 7:30am-5pm Monday through Friday. Online reservations are not available, nor are reservation requests accepted via email.
- Refund Policy
NEW IN 2023
- As of Sept. 20, 2023, BPRD is using ActiveNet software for shelter reservations (also used for activity registration). We encourage you to set up an online account in ActiveNet using the yellow “Sign In/Up” button before calling or stopping by the office to make a reservation.
- Waivers must be signed before your reservation is approved. If you reserved a space over the phone, learn how to sign your waiver online.
BPRD has many parks with outdoor picnic shelters, the majority of which may be reserved. Outdoor Shelter Descriptions list amenities by shelter and include park maps if a park has more than one reservable shelter.
|Outdoor Park Shelters||$70||$40|
|Custer Park Stage & General Sibley Park Amphitheater||$50||$35|
|– For-profit rentals||$110||$65|
|Sleepy Hollow Shelter||$90||$70|
*General Sibley Park and McDowell Dam Recreation Area close at sunset.
Indoor Community Centers
BPRD’s multi-use, indoor buildings are heated and air conditioned. Community Center Descriptions list amenities for each space.
Keys are not provided to access the community centers. BPRD staff open Hillside, Lions and Jaycee for renters prior to the reservation. For Farwest Rotary and Sertoma Club, renters are provided a code via email to access the building for their reservation. There are directions on how to lock up all buildings on-site.
8am–3pm or 4–11pm
|Indoor Community Centers|
|Hillside Aquatic Complex Community Room, Lions Park, Boulevard Ave. (no alcohol allowed during swim season June-August)||$275||$225|
|– For-profit rentals||$550||$450|
|Lions Park Community Center, 17th St. (available April 1-May 28 and Aug. 17-Nov. 30)||$150||n/a|
|– For-profit rentals||$300||n/a|
|Farwest Rotary Community Center, New Generations Park, Mustang Dr. (available April 1-Nov. 30)||$150||$100|
|Jaycee Leadership Hall, Jaycee Centennial Park, Century Ave. (available April 1-Nov. 30)||$150||$100|
|Sertoma Club Community Center, Sertoma Park, Riverside Park Rd.||$150||$100|
|– For-profit rentals (Farwest, Jaycee, Sertoma)||$300||$200|
Additional Indoor Space
|Joann Hetzel Memorial 4-H Building, Missouri Valley Complex
Call 222-6455 to make reservations.
|One Day without Alcohol: $700, for-profit $900
One Day with Alcohol: $1,200, for-profit $1,600
|Puklich Community Rooms, BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center
Call 751-4266 to make reservations.
|Rooms 1 or 2: $30/hr|
|Kirkwood Bank Meeting Rooms, Capital Ice Complex
Call 221-6814 to make reservations.
|Rooms A/B: $30/hr
Room C: $40/hr
Rooms A/B and C: $50/hr
BPRD offers several party options, whether it’s a birthday party, a classroom celebration, an office party or a “just because” party.
Special Occasion Space
A wide variety of spaces are reservable within the BPRD system. View our brochure.
- BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center – indoor pools, fitness studio, community rooms
- Capital Ice Complex – ice rinks, dry floor, building
- Capital Racquet & Fitness Center – tennis courts, racquetball/wallyball courts, fitness studio
- Fore Seasons Center – fields, driving range, batting cages
- Municipal Country Club – managed by Lady J’s Catering
- Outdoor Swimming Pools – pools
- Sleepy Hollow Park Gazebo and Stage – managed by Sleepy Hollow Theatre & Arts Park
- VFW Sports Center – ice rinks, dry floor, curling rink, meeting room, building
- World War Memorial Building – gyms, community room, fitness room