Outdoor Shelters & Indoor Community Center Rentals
With dozens of parks and a variety of indoor spaces, Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) has several options for public or private events.
- Our parks are open year-round; however, some facilities operate on a seasonal basis.
- Park restrooms are scheduled to open in mid-May and close in mid-October, depending on weather.
- Outdoor shelters and indoor community rooms may be reserved for 2022 and 2023. Reservations for 2024 start Oct. 3, 2022.
- Payment is expected at the time of reservation.
- Information about holding events in parks and purchasing alcoholic beverage permits, along with other space and rental details, is available via the sidebar links.
- Call BPRD at 701-222-6455 or stop by the Administrative Office at 400 E. Front Ave. to make a reservation for outdoor shelters and indoor community rooms. Office hours are 7:30am-5pm Monday through Friday. Online reservations are not available, nor are reservation requests accepted via email.
- Refund Policy
BPRD has many parks with outdoor picnic shelters, the majority of which may be reserved. Outdoor Shelter Descriptions list amenities by shelter and include park maps if a park has more than one reservable shelter.
|Outdoor Park Shelters||$50||$35|
|General Sibley Park Amphitheater||$40||$30|
|– For-profit rentals||$80||$60|
|Custer Park Stage||$35||$25|
|– For-profit rentals||$70||$50|
|Sleepy Hollow Shelter||$80||$60|
*General Sibley Park and McDowell Dam Recreation Area close at sunset.
Indoor Community Centers
BPRD’s multi-use, indoor buildings are heated and air conditioned. Community Center Descriptions list amenities for each space. BPRD staff open these buildings in advance of your reservation. Keys are not provided. There are directions on how to lock up the building on-site.
8am–3pm or 4–11pm
|Indoor Community Rooms|
|Hillside Aquatic Complex Community Room, Lions Park, Boulevard Ave.||$225||$175|
|– For-profit rentals||$450||$350|
|Lions Park Community Center, 17th St. (available April 1-May 31 and Aug. 7-Nov. 30)||$60||n/a|
|– For-profit rentals||$120||n/a|
|Farwest Rotary Community Center, New Generations Park, Mustang Dr. (available April 1-Nov. 30)||$130||$80|
|Jaycee Leadership Hall, Jaycee Centennial Park, Century Ave. (available April 1-Nov. 30)||$130||$80|
|Sertoma Club Community Center, Sertoma Park, Riverside Park Rd.||$130||$80|
|– For-profit rentals (Farwest, Jaycee, Sertoma)||$260||$160|
Additional Indoor Space
|Joann Hetzel Memorial 4-H Building, Missouri Valley Complex
Call 222-6455 to make reservations.
|Weekend Package (noon Fri.-noon Sun.): $1,300
One Day without Alcohol: $600, for-profit $800
One Day with Alcohol: $800, for-profit $1,000
|Puklich Community Rooms, BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center
Call 751-4266 to make reservations.
|Rooms 1 or 2: $30/hr|
|Kirkwood Bank Meeting Rooms, Capital Ice Complex
Call 221-6814 to make reservations.
|Rooms A/B: $20/hr
Room C: $30/hr
Rooms A/B and C: $40/hr
BPRD offers several party options, whether it’s a birthday party, a classroom celebration, an office party or a “just because” party.
Special Occasion Space
A wide variety of spaces are reservable within the BPRD system. View our brochure.
- BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center – indoor pools, fitness studio, community rooms
- Capital Ice Complex – ice rinks, dry floor, building
- Capital Racquet & Fitness Center – tennis courts, racquetball/wallyball courts, fitness studio
- Fore Seasons Center – fields, driving range, batting cages
- Municipal Country Club – managed by Lady J’s Catering
- Outdoor Swimming Pools – pools
- Sleepy Hollow Park Gazebo and Stage – managed by Sleepy Hollow Theatre & Arts Park
- VFW Sports Center – ice rinks, dry floor, curling rink, meeting room, building
- World War Memorial Building – gyms, community room, fitness room