The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Baseball – Babe Ruth, Ages 13 – 15
Any player born prior to May 1, 2004, and on or after May 1, 2001, will be eligible for Babe Ruth 13 – 15 League competition for the 2017 season. Any player born prior to May 1, 2012, and on or after May 1, 2004, will be eligible for Cal Ripken (ages 12 & under) Baseball League competition for the 2017 season. Contact Bismarck Youth Baseball for more Cal Ripken Information at www.bismarckyouthbaseball.org.
The league will be separated into Major and Minor divisions. Players will only play in one division.
- Major Division: The Major division will consist of the 13’s, 14’s, and 15’s advancing All Star teams and a 13-15 Non-advancing All Star team.
- Minor Division: The Minor division will consist of player ages 13-15 league teams. Depending upon the amount of registered participants, this division could be divided into a 13 year old minor division and a 14-15 year old minor division.
Every player will be placed on a league team after the evaluation period. The first week will be used to evaluate players in a variety of categories. This assists us in forming league teams. The criteria used to select these teams include: attitude, attendance, sportsmanship, versatility, and skill/ability. The Minor division teams will be comprised of players with equal skill ability. The players placed in the Major division will be players in our Extra Baseball/All Stars program in their respective age groups.
Informational Meeting & Rosters
- Players make sure to bring water bottle and extra water due to hot weather.
- Informational Meeting PowerPoint
- BPRD Baseball Code of Conduct – (Updated 4-18-2017)
- Approved and Non-Compliant Bats
- USA Baseball bat standard (USABat) – 2018 Season
- Virtual Baseball Training Academy
- 2017 Babe Ruth 13-15 Team Rosters
Dates and Registration
- May 17 – August (Depending upon All Star Tournament Advancement)
- Major and Minor League games: June 5 – July 13
- Minor League Tournament: July 17-20
- *Dates and times are subject to change depending upon the facility availability and High School Baseball schedule. Updates will be posted online.
Practice and Game Schedules
Played at Haaland Field (2506 South 12th Street.), Tatley-Eagles Park (602 Airport Rd), Legacy High School (3400 E Calgary Ave), or University of Mary (7500 University Drive).
- 13 Year Old All Star Game Schedule
- 14 Year Old All Star Game Schedule
- 15 Year Old All Star Game Schedule
- Bull Dogs 13-15 yr old Non-Advancing Schedule
- Bombers 13-15 yr old Non-Advancing Schedule
- Major League Teams Game Schedule
- Minor League Teams Game Schedule
- All Star/Travel Teams Practice Schedule
- $150/player – if received on or before Friday, April 28.
- No more than $300/household.
- $160/player – if received Saturday, April 29 or later.
- No more than $320/household.
Uniform and Batting Helmet
- Players receive a team uniform jersey and hat to keep. Players are responsible for their own baseball pants. Grey baseball pants are recommended for all players.
- Recommended for players to purchase their own batting helmets. Though team helmets will be provided for league play.
Fees for All Star Baseball (In addition to base fee)
- Advancing $155 & Non-advancing $80. All Star fees will be collected after All Star tryouts, by June 2.
- Each All Stars participant will also be required to sell 5 raffle tickets at $20 per raffle ticket for $100.
- * Your raffle ticket purchase doubles as a family season ticket to all Representatives, Senators, and Governors games for the 2017 regular season AND puts your name in the calendar drawing for cash prizes, too.
|Babe Ruth League Birth Chart for 2017|
Rain Out Policy
In case of inclement weather, every effort will be made to determine diamond playability by 7:45am for day programs or 4pm for evening programs. Please check the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District website ALERT bar on the front page of the website. You may also choose to “Like” the BPRD Facebook page, since weather notifications are also posted there. You can also call the BPRD information line at 222-6479.