The ramp in the program pool at BSC AWC will be unavailable from Thursday, Sept. 21 at Noon until sometime on Saturday, Sept. 23.
Please advise staff should you need to use the lift for pool entry and exit.
Portions of Wachter Trail Closed
MDU is performing utility updates along University Ave. between the street and the Wachter shared use path (along the drainage channel), from Wachter Drive to Bismarck Expressway. The trail in this area is closed until these updates are completed. Trail …
The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017. Wachter Pool will be open for the summer.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Bismarck’s Life After School Time (BLAST) is an after-school recreation based program that takes place at selected elementary school sites. Participants enjoy games and activities with their peers and leaders in a safe and supervised environment.
|K-5||School Year||M-F||3:05 – 6pm|
*BLAST follows the school year calendar and is not held on site when school is not in session for school breaks/holidays/staff training.
• Centennial • Grimsrud • Liberty • Miller • Northridge
• Prairie Rose • Rita Murphy • Shiloh • Solheim • Sunrise
• There is limited enrollment at all sites.
* Bismarck Parks and Recreation does not manage the after school programs at Lincoln, Moses, Myhre, Will-Moore and Pioneer schools. If you are interested in attending those schools or for more information, you can contact Missouri River Educational Cooperative at 751-4041.
- $240 due at time of registration. This will be applied to first and last month’s bill.
- Children enrolled in the BLAST program must attend school at that site.
Open – Enrollment Procedure for B.L.A.S.T. ‘17-18
- Mid-May: B.L.A.S.T. registration information will be mailed to current families enrolled in the B.L.A.S.T. program. This helps us determine who is coming back, and how many open positions there are available for other families at each school site.
- June 22: Registration packets from current B.L.A.S.T. families are due back at BPRD by 5pm .
- June 12 – 30: The new applicants that are interested in enrollment for 2017-18 will have this timeframe to stop in at the BPRD office and register their child(ren) in a drawing for the open positions.
- July 6: BPRD will enlist the assistance of an auditing firm to do the drawing of all the names for each school and place them in the available spots and on the waiting list. By the end of that week, we will contact all the families to let them know the results of the drawing.