BRC Capital Campaigns
Below is a summary of the major capital campaigns by the Bismarck Recreation Council.
- Breaking New Ground (2018) Construct eight new softball fields at Cottonwood Park, creating four adult slow pitch fields and a girls fastpitch softball complex with four fields.
- Building on Tradition (2014) Construct a second sheet of ice at an existing facility, Schaumberg Arena, and make renovations to Schaumberg Arena, Wachter Park and Magical Moments Playground.
- NISHU Bowmen Phase II (2016) Construct an addition to an indoor archery facility that opened in 2008.
- Get in the Game (2012) Support a major renovation of the Bismarck Municipal Ballpark.
- Fill the Lanes (2009) Support the construction of an indoor aquatics and wellness facility.
- NISHU Bowmen Phase I (2008) Construct an indoor archery facility.
- Francis Leach High Prairie Arts & Science Complex (2005) Purchase a facility to house science, music, children’s theater and art programs and activities.
- Slapshot 99 (1999) Construct a second ice sheet at VFW Sports Center.
- Bismarck Community Bowl (1996) Develop a track, soccer and football facility on the Bismarck State College campus.
- On Board with BAGA (1990) Renovate a Burlington Northern Railroad warehouse for the Bismarck Art & Gallery Association and Bismarck Parks & Recreation District administrative offices.
- Cottonwood 90 (1990) Construct a 90-acre park that includes recreation trails, BMX track, playgrounds, shelters, soccer fields and softball fields.
- Partnership 89 (1989) Construct a gymnastics and indoor tennis facility.
- All Seasons Complex (1986) Construct a complex that includes an indoor ice arena with one ice sheet for hockey, figure skating and open skating, four curling sheets, a golf shop for Tom O’Leary Golf Course and a sledding hill.