Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt
Flurry Fest Treasure Found It took Savannah Calavera four clues to find the 2022 Flurry Fest Treasure at Zonta Park late Thursday morning. Calavera and a group of her coworkers have
Flurry Fest Treasure Found
It took Savannah Calavera four clues to find the 2022 Flurry Fest Treasure at Zonta Park late Thursday morning.
Calavera and a group of her coworkers have been participating in the Treasure Hunt for the past few years, and this is the first time she has found the treasure. In fact, there’s a little friendly competition in her office with two departments trying to outdo each other in finding the treasure.
Based on the first couple of clues this week, Calavera searched Lions Park. “I hiked the frisbee golf hill and looked in every tree,” said Calavera. “And I got in a lot of exercise.” Yesterday’s clue led her to Zonta Park, but she didn’t find the treasure until this morning.
Flurry Fest is Bismarck Parks and Recreation District’s month-long celebration of winter. The Treasure Hunt is a popular Flurry Fest activity with clues to the location of the treasure announced every day for five days. The first clue appeared on the Bismarck Park and Recreation District’s website and Facebook page Monday morning.
Calavera has won a variety of golf, fitness and pool passes as her Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt reward.
Thursday, Feb. 10 – Clue #4
So many benefits from our crawling helpers
One is silk, another venom
Across the way from where I lay
I see a place to climb and have fun.
Wednesday, FEB. 9 – CLUE #3
I’m hiding in a place to play
Alongside this former gravel roadI
It was a primary route
That was built to haul a load.
Tuesday, Feb. 8 – Clue #2
A hike to the peak
Or a dive to the depth
Find me near a place to rest
And hope that you can catch your breath.
Monday, Feb. 7 – Clue #1
Already there’s more snow
Than our last mild winter
So brave the weather
To find the Flurry Fest treasure.
Sharpen your treasure-seeking skills. You’ll receive one Treasure Hunt clue a day for five days to lead you to a treasure of park district prizes.
The Treasure Hunt treasure will consist of:
- One Green Fee Pass, which includes 12 coupons good for 18 rounds of golf at Tom O’Leary Golf Course
- One coupon booklet for 12 large buckets of golf balls at the Fore Seasons Center
- One coupon booklet with 12 outdoor pool passes, including the Hillside Aquatic Complex waterslide
- One six month adult membership for Capital Racquet & Fitness Center and the BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center
- One $25 gift certificate to BPRD, good for any program, facility or shelter reservation
2022 Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt Rules
- One Treasure Hunt clue will be on the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) website and on the BPRD Facebook page each day for five days, starting Monday, February 7, through Friday, February 11, at 8:15 am CT. The clue will also be available by calling the Treasure Hunt Hotline at 222-6479. A new clue will be on the website, Facebook page and on the hotline for five days or until the treasure is found. The Treasure consists of a 6-inch by 6-inch acrylic plaque with the inscription “2022 Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt” on it. Updates of whether or not the treasure has been found before Friday, February 11, will also be on the website, Facebook and on the hotline.
- If the Treasure is not found and claimed by 4 pm Friday, February 11, 2022, BPRD reserves the right to terminate the hunt and the treasure will not be awarded.
- The Treasure is hidden above ground on public land. Please SEARCH but DON’T DESTROY. No digging below ground or destruction of property is necessary to find the treasure. BPRD reserves the right to discontinue the hunt at any time if public property is destroyed.
- All contestants must be age 18 or older to participate in this contest.
- The finder of the Treasure must claim the prize by presenting the Treasure at the BPRD administrative office, 400 E. Front Avenue, during normal business hours, 7:30 am to 5 pm CT, Monday through Friday.
- Treasure Hunt winners who have won within the last three years are not eligible to win. This includes members of their immediate and extended families – nieces, in-laws, cousins, etc. BPRD employees and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- At the conclusion of the Treasure Hunt, BPRD will announce and publish the location of the found Treasure and the winner’s name. BPRD reserves the right to use the winner’s name and a photo in promotional materials. BPRD reserves the right to keep the explanation of the clues a Flurry Fest mystery.
- No purchase necessary to win. All contest rules and decisions are final.
7 (Monday) 8:15 am - 11 (Friday) 4:00 pm