Paul H. Wachter Aquatic Complex, 205 Reno Ave., Bismarck Two sessions: 12:00-1:00pm – Small dog party; dogs weighing less than 30 pounds. 1:00-2:00pm – Big dog party; dogs weighing more than
Paul H. Wachter Aquatic Complex, 205 Reno Ave., Bismarck
- 12:00-1:00pm – Small dog party; dogs weighing less than 30 pounds.
- 1:00-2:00pm – Big dog party; dogs weighing more than 30 pounds.
It’s a party for the pooches. Please come to the Pool Pooch Party and let the furry ones enjoy a dip in the pool. All pool chemicals will have been turned off at the closing of the pool for the season August 14, so it’s safe for dogs. Dog owners can only enter the water up to ankle or calf height. The waves at the Wachter Aquatic Complex will not be turned on for this event.
Participants should enter through the pool gate on the east side of the pool.
This is a free event. However, donations will be accepted to support improvements at the Century Bark Park. Each dog handler will be asked to sign an event waiver at the entrance.
Pool Pooch Party Rules
- Dogs must be on a leash six feet or shorter at all times, until entering the water. No retractable leashes.
- One leashed dog per one adult (age 18 or over), please. Anyone under the age of 18 must be under parental/guardian supervision.
- Dogs must be current on vaccinations and are expected to be well behaved and social around adults, children and other dogs.
- Please do NOT bring dogs under the age of four months, dogs in heat, or a dog that becomes easily frightened, agitated or aggressive to this event.
- All owners will be expected to clean up after their dogs. Bags will be provided.
- Dog owners are only allowed in the water up to ankle/calf depth, due to health regulations.
- Pool capacities will be monitored on site to allow for a safe and fun event.
It’s going to be doggone fun!