A portion of the Pebble Creek Trail from 19th Street to Century Avenue has been detoured onto the Pebble Creek Golf Course cart path for the winter.
This detour will be in place until spring when winter conditions subside.
Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt
The Flurry Fest Treasure was found Wednesday, February 6.
Three times is the charm.
It took Tara Hochhalter of Bismarck three clues and three trips to South Meadows Park to find the 2019 Flurry Fest Treasure. The treasure was found at approximately 10 am Wednesday along the outside edge of a trash container. Hochhalter says this is the first year she’s searched for the treasure. “Some friends and I looked for it together. We started right away with the first clue on Monday and went to so many parks. We thought for sure we knew where it was, and after today’s clue, I knew it was at South Meadows,” said Hochhalter.
Flurry Fest is Bismarck Parks and Recreation District’s month-long celebration of winter. The Treasure Hunt has been a regular feature of Flurry Fest. Clues to the location of the treasure are announced every day for five days, or until the treasure was found. The first clue appeared on the Bismarck Park and Recreation District’s website and Facebook page Monday morning.
Hochhalter has won a variety of golf, fitness and pool passes as her Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt reward. “My husband is a golfer and my kids are swimmers. They’re so excited,” said Hochhalter.
Flurry Fest events continue through the end of the month. Click here for a complete schedule of Flurry Fest events.
Treasure Hunt Clues
Clue Number Three – Wednesday, February 6
Hello, prairie, earth and sky,
Happy colors of aqua and lime.
Infants, toddlers, all ages and sizes
Are clues in solving the rhyme.
Clue Number Two – Tuesday, February 5
If you find the treasure you’re rewarded with fun.
You can swim and golf and play.
You can use the stars to guide i-o-u,
And the half-moon is a-o-k.
Clue Number One – Monday, February 4
Oh, February. Oh, Flurry. Oh, Fest you are here.
We stare at winter and say,
“Oh, treasure, where are you? Where can you be?”
The clues will charter the way.
Sharpen your treasure seeking skills. You’ll receive one Treasure Hunt clue a day for five days to lead you to a treasure of park district prizes.
The Treasure Hunt treasure will consist of:
- One 2019 Green Fee Pass, which includes 12 coupons good for 18 rounds of golf at Tom O’Leary Golf Course
- One coupon booklet for 12 large buckets of golf balls at the Fore Seasons Center
- One coupon booklet with 12 outdoor pool passes, including the Hillside Aquatic Complex waterslide
- One six month adult membership for Capital Racquet & Fitness Center and the BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center
- $25 gift certificate to BPRD, good for any program or facility
2019 Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt Rules
- A Treasure Hunt clue will be on the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) website and on the BPRD Facebook page each day for five days, starting Monday, February 4 through Friday, February 8 at 8:15 am CDT. The clue will also be available by calling the Treasure Hunt Hotline at 222-6479. A new clue will be on the website, Facebook page and on the hotline for five days or until the treasure is found. The Treasure consists of a 6 inch by 6 inch acrylic plaque with the inscription “Flurry Fest Treasure Hunt” on it. Updates of whether or not the treasure has been found before Friday, February 8 will also be on the website, Facebook and on the hotline.
- If the Treasure is not found by 4 pm Friday, February 8, 2019, BPRD reserves the right to terminate the hunt and the treasure will not be awarded.
- The Treasure is hidden above ground on public land. Please SEARCH but DON’T DESTROY. No digging below ground or destruction of property is necessary to find the treasure. BPRD reserves the right to discontinue the hunt at any time if public property is destroyed.
- All contestants must be age 18 to participate in this contest.
- The finder of the Treasure must claim the prize by presenting the Treasure at the BPRD administrative office, 400 E. Front Avenue, during normal business hours, 7:30 am to 5 pm CDT, Monday through Friday.
- Treasure Hunt winners who have won within the last three years are not eligible to win. This includes members of their immediate and extended families – nieces, in-laws, cousins, etc. BPRD employees and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- At the conclusion of the Treasure Hunt, BPRD will announce and publish the location of the found Treasure and the winner’s name. BPRD reserves the right to use the winner’s name and a photo in promotional materials. BPRD reserves the right to keep the explanation of the clues a Flurry Fest mystery.
- No purchase necessary to win. All contest rules and decisions are final.