The Open Gym Program is designed to provide an opportunity for both youth and adults to use a neighborhood gymnasium in a supervised, free play situation. The Open Gym is FREE of charge.
The Open Gym Program is provided by Bismarck Parks and Recreation District, in cooperation with Bismarck Public School District.
- Participants are asked to bring their own equipment (basketballs, volleyballs, etc.)
- Participants should recreate with their own group.
- Masks are required when entering and exiting Bismarck Public School facilities.
Nov. 6-7, 2021 – March 5-6, 2022
|The following elementary school locations are for elementary age children and/or families:|
|Centennial||2800 Ithica Dr.||Door 1||1-5pm||1-5pm|
|Dorothy Moses||1312 S. Columbia Dr.||Door 10||N/A||1-5pm|
|Liberty||5400 Onyx Dr.||Door 4||1-5pm||1-5pm|
|Lincoln||3320 McCurry Way||Door 4||1-5pm||1-5pm|
|Rita Murphy||611 N. 31st St.||Door 1||N/A||1-5pm|
|Robert Miller||1989 N. 20th St.||Door 6||N/A||1-5pm|
|Solheim||325 Munich Dr.||Door 2||1-5pm||1-5pm|
|Sunrise||3800 Nickerson Ave.||Door 3 or 6||1-5pm||1-5pm|
|Middle School Locations|
|Horizon||500 Ash Coulee Dr.||Door 7||N/A||1-4pm|
|Simle||1215 N. 19th St.||Door 11|
|*Basketball Court Reservations||N/A||4-8pm|
|Wachter||1107 S. 7th St.||Door 4||N/A||1-5pm|
|World War Memorial Building||215 N. 16th S.||Main Doors on 6th St.|
Drop in Volleyball may be available. Please contact 222-6454 for availability.
These times/locations above are subject to change.
Only Bismarck Parks and Recreation District registered adult basketball and volleyball teams are permitted to reserve practice during the free Open Gym program.
- Basketball reservations only at Simle
- Volleyball reservations only at World War Memorial Building
- Call 222-6454 to reserve your court for one hour the Friday (8:30am-5pm) preceding weekend play.
- Youth travel teams interested in reserving /renting gym space during non-Open Gym hours must contact the schools or the World War Memorial Building.