VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Sheila Schafer Mini-Links, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Public Indoor Ice Skating
- 1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588, 221-6815 or 221-6814
- Rink 1
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:15pm
- Fees: Free
- Rink 2
- Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
- Fees: $2/Individual; $5/family.
- So sorry – ice skate rental is not available.
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
- Ice Rentals: $85/hour (limited availability)
- Dry Floor: $40/hour
- Must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations: call Mike at 221-6814