The following recreational trail segments are closed at this time due to the large amount of snow and drifting:
North Washington – Calgary to 57th • Ash Coulee – Washington to the Water tower • Valley Drive – Mustang Dr. to Round Top Rd. • Edgewood Trail East – Intersection of Minnesota Dr. and Knudson Ave. to …
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Public Indoor Ice Skating
- Rink 1 – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:15pm
- Rink 2 – Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
- So sorry – ice skate rental is not available.
Fees (Sunday Only)
- $2/Individual; $5/family. No skate rentals.
There will be skate monitors on duty during Sunday public skating. We cannot be responsible for accidents, so please be careful.
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
Private Ice Rentals
- $75/hour (limited availability)
- Reservations: call Mike at 221-6814