Portions of Wachter Trail Closed
MDU is performing utility updates along University Ave. between the street and the Wachter shared use path (along the drainage channel), from Wachter Drive to Bismarck Expressway. The trail in this area is closed until these updates are completed. Trail …
The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017. Wachter Pool will be open for the summer.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Sheila Schafer Mini-Links, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Public Indoor Ice Skating
- 1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588, 221-6815 or 221-6814
- Summer Ice: Rink 2 – Friday, August 4: 12:00-1:00pm.
- Rink 1 – Opens September 5
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:15pm
- Fees: Free
- Rink 2 – Opens September 24
- Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
- Fees: $2/Individual; $5/family.
- So sorry – ice skate rental is not available.
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
Private Ice Rentals
- $75/hour (limited availability)
- Reservations: call Mike at 221-6814
- Dry Floor: Due to ice system replacement and rink upgrades, dry floor rentals will be unavailable.