Portions of Wachter Trail Closed
MDU is performing utility updates along University Ave. between the street and the Wachter shared use path (along the drainage channel), from Wachter Drive to Bismarck Expressway. The trail in this area is closed until these updates are completed. Trail …
The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017. Wachter Pool will be open for the summer.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Apply for Jobs
You have a variety of options for completing a job application for Bismarck Parks and Recreation District.
- Fillable PDF: The fillable PDF application can be found below.
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the fillable PDF app. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Avoid completing the form online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer, or by using MAC Preview (Macintosh OS). Information can be lost using these methods.
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the Park District as listed above.
- Note: On page 3 of the application the signature, date and SSN are required to be completed in person during the interview. Do not send your SSN through email.
- Paper Copy: Paper applications are available at our office at 400 East Front Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58504.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- BPRD Job Application (Must be completed – PDF Download)
- Applicant Information Form – voluntary (PDF Download)
- Aquatic Application Supplement – required for lifeguard positions (PDF Download)
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
- No openings at this time
|Position||Number of Hours||Information||Contact Person|
|Activity Centers and Safety Village||Up to 40
|Planning and supervising activities for K-5 children.
Teaching 5-6 year olds about safety.
|BLAST Leaders||BLAST Leader||Cindy Gums|
|Facility attendants and/or front desk staff||Hours vary||
||Katrina Hanenberg – Capital Racquet & Fitness Center
Mike Wald – Ice Arenas
Kevin Olson – World War Memorial Building
|Facility maintenance||Hours vary||Katrina Hanenberg – Capital Racquet & Fitness Center
Mike Wald – Ice Arenas
|Group Fitness Instructors||Water Aerobics Instructors||Linsay Berg – BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center|
|Golf course maintenance||Up to 40, weather
|Riverwood Maintenance||Brad Schulz – Riverwood
Mike Page – Tom O’Leary
Chuck Vedvick – Pebble Creek
|Golf course golf shops||Hours vary||Tom O’Leary Golf Shop
Riverwood Golf Shop
Pebble Creek Golf Shop
|Lifeguard and/or swimming
lesson instructor, BSC Aquatic &
Wellness Center, indoor & outdoor
|Hours vary, based on availability||Must be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certified – the Park District offers these courses to become certified. (click here for lifeguarding classes)||Jahna Gardiner (indoor)
Dylan Thiem (outdoor)
|Volleyball officials, adult program||Evening hours||RaNae Jochim|
|Youth and adult sport coaches
and officials – basketball, baseball/softball,
soccer, volleyball, &
||Basketball, Baseball/Softball, Soccer and Volleyball –
Adult Volleyball – RaNae Jochim
Youth Basketball – Kevin Olson
Tennis – Rod Morasch