Improvements Underway for North Central Park
Work has begun on improvements at North Central Park, 830 Central Ave., including a new, fully-inclusive playground that goes above and beyond the standard guidelines for safety and accessibility. All aspects of the project will meet or exceed ADA guidelines, and people of all ages and abilities will benefit from the new and improved recreational features.
- The playground will be replaced with a more inclusive structure, along with new poured-in-place rubber surfacing.
- A new picnic shelter will be constructed to replace the aging structure.
- A new parking lot will be constructed to create accessible parking, along with accessible routes to the playground, tennis/pickleball courts and basketball court.
- A new perimeter one-third mile loop trail will be constructed in partnership with the City of Bismarck.
- The existing warming house/restroom building will be renovated to create accessible restrooms.
- The basketball court will be replaced with a new concrete color-coated court.
Estimated project completion is fall 2022.