Living Our Mission: Community Impact
Every day, Bismarck Parks and Recreation District (BPRD) works to make our community a better place to live, learn, work and play. Through our vast network of parks, trails, facilities, programs and special events, BPRD:
- provides gathering places where family, friends and the community come together;
- offers access to physical activity opportunities and the outdoors; and
- connects people to vital community resources and programming that enrich their overall well-being.
Parks and recreation is essential to vibrant, healthy, thriving communities like Bismarck. Check out a few BPRD highlights from 2022:
- Annual economic impact from BPRD activities and facilities is estimated at more than $42 million.*
- More than 1.2 million people visited our indoor facilities.
- Our trails were enjoyed by more than 318,000 people.
But BPRD can’t do it alone. Our diverse offerings and services to residents and visitors are made possible through engagement with more than 250 partners and collaborators.
BPRD thanks all our partners that help us live our mission every day: Work with the community to provide residents and visitors the highest quality park, program, facility and event experience.
*Based on CPI inflation calculator using 2013 economic impact report.