Short Hikes for Cool Days
Discover small trails for the small ones in your home. Bismarck Parks and Recreation District has several not-so-big trails located within parks that are perfect for those with not-so-long legs. Here are some options for short hikes on cooler, winter days. Bundle up and enjoy!
One-quarter mile loop:
One-third mile loop or sidewalk:
- Elk Ridge Park, 3620 Cogburn Rd.
- Heritage Park, 5807 Sonora Way
- Horizon Park, 4800 Durango Dr.
- Igoe Park, 2413 Tyler Parkway
- Kiwanis Park, 318 S. Washington St.
- Normandy Park, 3924 Normandy St.
- South Meadows Park, 101 Nina Lane
One-half mile trail options:
- General Sibley Park and Campground Interpretive Trail, 5001 S. Washington St.
- Gateway/Menards Pond loop, located near Capital Racquet & Fitness Center, 3200 N 10th St.
For a complete listing of the 75+ miles of trail options and distances, go to https://www.bisparks.org/parks-trails/park-trail-maps/