Archers class for Thursday, Sept. 15 has been cancelled.
The instructor will infom students of the makeup class date.
The Pebble Creek Recreation Trail from N. 19th St. to E. Century Ave. is temporarily closed for maintenance until further notice.
McDowell Dam Recreation Area
1951 93rd Street Northeast • 223-7016
McDowell Dam Recreation Area is a 271 acre park located five miles east of Bismarck on Old Highway 10 and one mile north. The park is owned by the Burleigh County Water Resource District and managed by the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District. Available activities include swimming, boating, fishing and paddle boating. There is a public beach, picnic shelters that are available (and can be reserved for special occasions), horseshoe pits, a small concessions area, a playground and modern restrooms. There is a paved recreational trail on the grounds and a wooded area for nature walks or runs. There is also a Nature Trail encircling the banks of McDowell Dam.
- Park Hours year round are: Sunrise to sunset
- Memorial Day weekend (May 22) to Labor Day Weekend
- 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm (Weather Permitting)
- Paddleboats: $5/hour
- Canoes: $5/hour
- Kayak: $5/hour
- *If wind or other weather conditions present a safety hazard to watercrafts, no rentals will occur.
- Call 222-6455
- Full day: $30
- Half day: $20 (sunrise – 3pm OR 4pm – sunset)