Portions of Wachter Trail Closed
MDU is performing utility updates along University Ave. between the street and the Wachter shared use path (along the drainage channel), from Wachter Drive to Bismarck Expressway. The trail in this area is closed until these updates are completed. Trail …
The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017. Wachter Pool will be open for the summer.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
July Celebration – Events all Month
Come out and play with Bismarck Parks and Recreation during July Celebration, a whole lot of fun to celebrate National Parks and Recreation Month. There’s so much to do, see and experience. Make a commitment to be outside to be inspired and enjoy all that summer has to offer. Let’s Play!
Click the image to view a printable PDF of the calendar.
Saturdays, 10am – 1pm • BisMarket
- Kiwanis Park, 318 S. Washington St.
- BisMarket is your neighborhood farmer’s market. High quality, locally produced or made products, along with activities for children, entertainment and educational topics presented throughout the season. www.bismarket.com
Saturday, July 1 • Y93 Pool Party
- 7:15 – 9:15pm
Hillside Aquatic Complex, 1719 E. Boulevard Ave.
- Kick off July with a splash and this 93 Degree Summer Kickoff Pool Party, sponsored by Y93, Bismarck-Mandan’s #1 Hit Music Station. It’s a Saturday night pool party! Regular pool admission rates apply, and you’ll have music, prizes, giveaways and fun on the deck and in the water.
Saturday, July 1 through August 26 • Free Yoga Classes
- 9:45 – 11am
Custer Park, 320 E. Custer Park St.
- Wear comfy clothes, bring your own mat and a friend and enjoy free yoga – for all levels and abilities – each Saturday through Aug 26. In case of funky weather, the class will be held indoors at The Studios at CC’s, 101 W. Broadway Ave.
Sunday, July 2 – 29 • Photo Contest
- Send us your pictures of summer fun and you could win a prize package from Bismarck Parks and Recreation. Plus – your photo may just show up in one of our publications or online. www.bisparks.org/july-celebration-photo-contest
Wednesday, July 5 through August 9 • Kid’s Summer Stage
- Noon – 1pm
Custer Park, 320 E. Custer Park St.
- Kids of all ages love this free interactive hour of music and song. Bring a blanket or your own chair. Pack a lunch. A Dakota West Arts Council event showcasing local talent and kids!
Wednesday, July 5 • Sleepy Hollow Summer Theater
Disney’s Aladdin Jr.: July 5 – 9 & 11 – 15
Hairspray: July 19 – 23 & 25 – 29
Little Shop of Horrors: Aug. 2 – 5
Sleepy Hollow Park, 2899 E. Divide Ave.
- It’s a summer tradition! Mark your calendars and enjoy not one, not two, but three choices for your musical pleasure. An evening under the stars, watching the stars. www.shst.org
Tuesdays & Thursdays through August 31 • Free Junior Golf
- 7:30 – 11am
- Juniors ages 18 and under must tee off from the forward tees on free junior golf mornings. Tuesdays only at Riverwood, 222-6462, and Pebble Creek, 223-3600. Thursdays only at Tom O’Leary, 222-6531. Call courses for tee time. www.bisparks.org/free-junior-golf
Friday, July 7 • Free Indoor Ice Skating
- 12 – 1pm
VFW Sports Center Rink 2, 1200 N. Washington St.
- Slip on those ice skates during the summer and enjoy indoor skating. Next free date is August 4. Ice skate rental is not available.
Saturday, July 8 – 15 • Free Group Fitness Classes
- At BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center, 1601 Canary Ave or the Capital Racquet & Fitness Center, 3200 N. 10th St.. Try a class on land or in the water. Stretch, lift or move. You choose any class at either facility – and bring a friend – for FREE. www.bisparks.org/group-fitness-classes
Tuesday, July 11 • Disc in the Dark
General Sibley Park and Campground, 5001 S. Washington St.
- Enjoy a 9-hole glow course filled with colored lights and glowing baskets. Bring a glow-in-the-dark disc or add free LED lights to your disc (while supplies last). No registration needed.
- Event sponsored by Rock 30 Games
Wednesday, July 12 • Community Pool Party
- 4:30 – 8pm
Elks Aquatic Center, 321 W. Broadway Ave.
- We invite families and friends to join the pool party. This evening swim will include music, prizes, and a departing treat. Regular admission rates apply.
Wednesday, July 12 • Pickleball Social
- 9 – 11am
North Central Tennis Courts, 830 Central Ave.
- Come join us and try the game of Pickleball! There will be on site guidance from our local players and you will get a chance to play as well! Snacks will be provided as well as more information on drop in play. For more information contact Capital Racquet & Fitness Center, 221-6855.
Thursday, July 13 through August 17 • Urban Harvest
- 11am – 2pm and 5 – 9pm
- Urban Harvest is open in Downtown Bismarck on the corner of 4th and Broadway every Thursday from July 13 through August 17. The market includes vendors selling fresh produce, arts and crafts and ready-to-eat foods. Urban Harvest also includes entertainment. www.bismarckurbanharvest.org
Friday, July 14 • Gateway to Science Family Rocket Day
- 5:30-7:30 pm
Frances Leach High Prairie Arts & Science Complex, 1810 Schafer St.
- Free Family Event. Check out hands-on discovery stations all about rocketry! Build and launch a variety of rockets. Engine-propelled rockets will be available for purchase (we’ll help you build them!) Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult. www.highprairiecomplex.com/gateway
Friday, July 14 – 18 • 15 Year Old Babe Ruth State Tournament
- Bismarck Municipal Ballpark, 303 W. Front Ave.
- Baseball: America’s favorite summer pastime. Click here for the game schedule for this state baseball tournament. Play ball!
Saturday, July 15 • BPRD Geocache Challenge
- BPRD partnered with the ND Geocache Association to establish 12 geocaching sites in BPRD’s system of trails and parks. It’s like searching for treasure by using Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates that are posted at www.geocaching.com. It’s free. It’s fun. Find all 12 and turn your passport in at the park district for a prize. Click here for Passports or visit the BPRD Administration office at 400 E. Front Ave.
Sunday, July 16 • 23rd Annual Theo Art School Garden Walk
- 10am – 3pm
- See some beautiful gardens in Bismarck during the Garden Walk, a fundraising and eye popping annual event for Theo Art School.
Details at www.theoartschool.org
Monday, July 17 – 23 • Tennis in the Parks Week
- Special surprises at all Bismarck Park’s outdoor tennis facilities all week long. Sponsored by Capital Racquet & Fitness Center.
Wednesday, July 19 • Family Day Riverwalk
- 10am – 8pm
Sertoma Park, 300 Riverside Park Road
- A free outdoor event along Bismarck’s beautiful Missouri River. Entertainment, food vendors, kids activities. Join in the festivities for families. More details at facebook.com/FamilyDayRiverwalk1.
Thursday, July 20 • Rock the Deck
- 4:30 – 8pm
Hillside Aquatic Complex, 1719 E. Boulevard Ave.
- Rock the Deck is a pool party for middle school students. Come enjoy the pool on the night set aside just for incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Bring a pal to enjoy open swim, music from Cool 98.7, prizes, and a departing treat. Regular admission rates apply.
- Event sponsored by Associated Pool Builders, Inc.
Saturday, July 22 • Free Tent Camping
- General Sibley Park and Campground, 5001 S. Washington St.
- You’ll enjoy camping, trails, playgrounds, picnic shelters, a disc golf course and river access. Please reserve your camping space by calling 222-1844 and give the code “campfire fury” to reserve your free tent site.
Sunday, July 23 • Free PiYo Fitness Class
- 8:30 – 9:30am
Pioneer Park Overlook, near Sonali’s Garden, 2023 Burnt Boat Dr.
- PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of pilates with the strength and flexibility of flowing yoga movements. Wear comfy clothes, bring your own mat and a friend to enjoy this free class offered from BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center.
Tuesday, July 25 • Free Fitness Facilities Admission
- 5:30am – 8pm
BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center, 1601 Canary Ave
- 5:30am – 9pm
Capital Racquet & Fitness Center, 3200 N. 10th St.
- Check out both facilities for free today!
Wednesday, July 26 • FREE swimming at the outdoor pools
- Noon – 1:45pm and 2:15 – 4pm
4:30 – 5:45pm and 6:15 – 8pm
- Enjoy some swim time at Hillside Aquatic Complex (includes waterslide), Elks Aquatic Center and Wachter Aquatic Complex for FREE.
Thursday, July 27 • McDowell Dam Recreation Area Fun Day
- 1 – 9pm
McDowell Dam Recreation Area, 1951 93rd St. NE
- Explore Bismarck’s best kept secret – McDowell Dam. Grab a sack lunch or supper and head to McDowell Dam Recreation Area, just four miles east and one mile north on Highway 10. There will be free use of paddleboats, canoes and kayaks. Cool 98.7 will provide music from 4 – 7pm.
Friday, July 28 • Movie in the Park: Finding Dory
- Starts at sunset, approx. 9pm
Lions Park, 1601 E. Boulevard.
- Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and watch the stars on the big screen and in the sky during our Movies in the Park series. July’s movie features “Finding Dory.” Find your way to Lions Park and enjoy this Disney classic. Guests are welcome to bring non-alcoholic beverages and snacks to enjoy during the movie.
Saturday, July 29 • Family Fest at BisMarket
- 10am – 1pm
Kiwanis Park, 318 S. Washington St.
- Family Fest is held in conjunction with BisMarket. Kids can enjoy free carnival games while parents enjoy the BisMarket vendors. Come play, eat and shop at this FREE event. ww.bismarket.com