Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Activity Centers provide summer recreational programming at selected elementary schools in a day-camp style setting. This program is for kids entering grades 1-6. Daily games, crafts, projects and outdoor fun and movement help participants increase social skills and enjoy active play in a safe and caring supervised environment. Activity Centers have limited enrollment.
|1 – 6th Grade||June 5 – Aug. 4||M – F||7:45am – 5:30pm|
- Must have completed kindergarten in the 2016-17 school year or be 6 years old by June 1, 2017. If your child is in kindergarten, but won’t be 6 until after June 1, 2017, please come to Bismarck Parks and Recreation office to register.
- Activity Centers will close at 12 noon on August 4
- No program on July 3 & 4
- There will be no supervision before 7:45am or after 5:30pm
- We do not provide lunch or snacks, so please bring your own.
- $400/child – if received on or before Thursday, May 4.
- $410/child – if received Friday, May 5 or later.
Two Step Registration Process: Registration starts April 4 at 8:00am
- Step One: Register your child(ren) for the selected Activity Center site either in person at the Administrative Offices or online. Once your child(ren) is registered, you can then move to Step Two.
- Step Two: You MUST print out or pick up the Activity Center Information Packet and fill out all the pages. Return the completed packet to the Administrative Office by the end of day Thursday, May 4. Once your completed packet is received, your child(ren)’s registration for Activity Center is complete.
- Packet will be posted online March 31.
|Centennial||2800 Ithica Dr||9254|
|Grimsrud||716 St. Benedict Dr||9255|
|Liberty||5400 Onyx Dr.||9256|
|Northridge||1727 N. 3rd St.||9257|
|Prairie Rose||2200 Oahe Bend||9259|
|Rita Murphy||611 N. 31st St.||9260|
|Robert Miller||1989 N. 20th St.||9261|
|Roosevelt||613 W. Ave. B||9262|
|Solheim||325 Munich Dr.||9263|
|Sunrise||3800 Nickerson Ave.||9264|
Junior Leaders will learn the skills necessary to perhaps become an Activity Center leader one day. A Junior Leader will assist the Leaders in organizing the games and daily activities, helping the Activity Center participants when needed, and helping prepare for the activities each day. The Junior Leaders assist the Leaders and learn leadership and problem solving skills in a fast paced, recreational environment.
Junior Leader Applications can be submitted from April 3-21. BPRD staff will do a random drawing April 27 and applicants will be notified of the results. The Junior Leader applications can be found on the online.
- $50/junior leader
- Maximum of 4 leaders per site.
- Junior Leaders must be going into 7th grade or older.
- The application will be posted online March 31.