Portions of Wachter Trail Closed
MDU is performing utility updates along University Ave. between the street and the Wachter shared use path (along the drainage channel), from Wachter Drive to Bismarck Expressway. The trail in this area is closed until these updates are completed. Trail …
The Pebble Creek Recreational Trail is closed from 19th St. to the Century Ave. bridge.
Wachter Park will be closed until Fall of 2017. Wachter Pool will be open for the summer.
Due to the construction of the new rink at Schaumberg, the current Wachter Park is closed and will be replaced to make way for the new building and parking lot. Don’t worry a brand NEW Wachter park will be coming in …
Baseball – Coed, Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken
Coed youth baseball is a recreational program that is aimed to teach youth ages 5-12 years old the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. These basics include throwing, catching, hitting, and teamwork. Participants will learn through drills, scrimmages, and games. Our emphasis is on equal play time, and most of all, FUN!
Any player born prior to May 1, 2012, and on or after May 1, 2004, will be eligible for Coed, Mites (Tee-Ball), Squirts, Cal Ripken (ages 12 & under) Baseball League competition for the 2017 season. All levels will play at Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, 1100 North Washington Street. Age is determined as of May 1, 2017 for Mites (Tee-Ball), Squirts and Cal Ripken.
Information, Forms, and Rosters
- Players make sure to bring water bottle and extra water due to hot weather.
- Youth Baseball Information Sheet
- BPRD Baseball Code of Conduct – (Updated 4-18-2017)
- Carpool Request Form – Youth Baseball
- Virtual Baseball Training Academy
- 2017 Monday & Wednesday Baseball Team Rosters
- 2017 Tuesday & Thursday Baseball Team Rosters
- $55/player – if received on or before Friday, May 19
- No more than $110 maximum/household
- $65/player – if received Saturday, May 20 or later
- No more than $130 maximum/household
- 72 players maximum
|Mites 5 – 6||June 5 – July 27||M & W||10 – 11am||9277|
|Mites 5 – 6||June 5 – July 27||T & Th||10 – 11a m||9278|
|Squirts 7 – 9||June 5 – July 27||M & W||8:30 – 9:45am||9280|
|Squirts 7 – 9||June 5 – July 27||T & Th||8:30 – 9:45am||9281|
|Cal Ripken 10 – 12||June 5 – July 27||M & W||11:15am – 12:45pm||9279|
|*No Mites, Squirts, & Cal Ripkin baseball on Monday, July 3rd & Tuesday, July 4th.|
Any participant born prior to May 1, 2012, and on or after May 1, 2004, will be eligible for the Youth Baseball Clinic for the 2017 season. The program will focus on the development of baseball skills and fundamentals. The clinic will be at Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, 1100 North Washington Street.
Ages, Dates, & Times
- 5 – 12 years old
- Thursdays from June 8 – July 20
- 1 – 2:30pm
- Free for registered Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken Youth Baseball participants.
- $15.00 for non-registered participants.
- For registered: Click “yes” for enrollment into Youth Baseball Clinic when signing up your child for Coed, Mites, Squirts, Cal Ripken.
- For non-registered: Enroll with Code 9282
Rain Out Policy
In case of inclement weather, every effort will be made to determine diamond playability by 7:45am for day programs or 4pm for evening programs. Please check the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District website ALERT bar on the front page of the website. You may also choose to “Like” the BPRD Facebook page, since weather notifications are also posted there. You can also call the BPRD information line at 222-6479.