Jaycee Centennial Park
The park wraps around the corner and provides, what seems like, two parks in one. One part of the park has the Jaycee Community Building, which is used for all kinds of special events and serves as the ice skating rink warming house during the winter, too. You also have the nearby shelter and playground. A small bridge in the park leads you to another playground. You can’t help but want to run down the big hill (and run up it, too). Look for birds in the wooded areas on each side of the park. Trivia time: the ice hockey area was used for sand volleyball in the summer of 2011 when many of Bismarck’s sand volleyball courts were flooded.
The land for this park was purchased in 1987.
- Leadership Hall (reservable) – The Jaycee Leadership Hall is a multi-use, indoor building that is open year-round and heated in the winter.
- Picnic Shelter (reservable)
- Skating Rink
- Warming House
AARP Outdoor Fitness Park Organized by FitLot
AARP has teamed up with the non-profit FitLot to bring an outdoor fitness space to all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Bismarck was chosen as the North Dakota location. The fitness park is located in the “upper” portion of Jaycee Park with easy access from the parking lot off of N. 4th St. The equipment has step by step instructions on how to use it safely and effectively.
- Watch for both introductory and circuit training classes with Bismarck Parks and Recreation District certified instructors in the spring of 2021, but until then, anyone may improve strength, stamina and balance by using the equipment.
- As a reminder, please ensure social distancing at the fitness park and be sure to wipe down the equipment before and after use.
Click on map image to view printable PDF.
Leadership Hall at Jaycee Centennial Park
- The Jaycee Leadership Hall is a multi-use, indoor building that is open year-round and heated in the winter.
- Click here for information on how to reserve Jaycee Leadership Hall.