The sledding hill and warming house at Tom O’Leary Golf Course are closed until further notice due to poor sledding conditions.
The Expressway underpass on the Sertoma Trail is closed.
Two segments of the Cottonwood Park trail, 2506 South 12th St., are closed until further notice due to construction of additional softball fields.
Cottonwood Softball Expansion Project
Progress Continues on Eight Softball Fields – August 20, 2019
Work continues on the expansion of Cottonwood Park. The construction of four adult softball fields and four fields for a youth fastpitch complex is moving along. The expansion also includes trail connections, playgrounds and shelters.
FAST PITCH COMPLEX; CHAMPIONSHIP FIELD (#17) – LOOKING NW
INFIELD AGGREGATE STOCKPILE(S) – FAST PITCH COMPLEX
BACKSTOP AND L INE POST PLACEMENT – FAST PITCH COMPLEX
STORAGE GARAGE – FAST PITCH COMPLEX
DUGOUT SHELTER AND TEAM BENCH – SLOW PITCH COMPLEX
BACKSTOP FENCE AND SPECTATOR BLEACHER – SLOW PITCH COMPLEX
INFIELD AGGREGATE FINISH GRADED – SLOW PITCH COMPLEX
SOUTH PLAYGROUND AREA AND ENGINEERED WOOD FIBER SURFACING
ACCESSIBLE WATER FOUNTAIN – SLOW PITCH COMPLEX
Project Work Completed – July 23, 2019
- Equipment mobilization, removals, and site preparation
- Grading and earthwork
- Parking lots graded and ready for gravel
- Underground water lines installed / tested
- Storm sewer piping and inlets
- South playground equipment, border, engineered wood fiber
- Adult slow pitch complex backstops, partial fencing
- Adult slow pitch complex – infield material delivered
- Minor concrete work / sidewalks near Haaland Field and south playground
SOUTH PLAYGROUND AREA